Aaron G asked in SportsFantasy Sports · 8 years ago

Been Offered this trade, should I accept it?

12 Team Dynasty, Head-to-Head Category League

Been Offered:

I Give: Zack Greinke and Michael Young

I Get: Hanley Ramirez and Michael Cuddyer

My Roster:

C – Wilin Rosario, Travis d'Arnaud

1B – Eric Hosmer, Kendrys Morales, Anthony Rizzo

2B – Ben Zobrist

3B – Evan Longoria, Michael Young, Mike Olt

SS – Stephen Drew

OF – Curtis Granderson, Jay Bruce, Jason Heyward, Corey Hart, Tyler Colvin

SP –Zack Greinke, Cliff Lee, R.A. Dickey, James McDonald, Chad Billingsley, Jonathon Niese, Matt Latos, Brett Anderson, Drew Promeranz, Tyler Skaggs, Danny Hultzen, Jake Odorizzi, Jacob Turner, Zack Wheeler

Does this deal help me? I'm in a weird spot with my team; inbetween rebuilding and building a team for next season. Should I make this deal?

He just sent this offer over, is this a better deal?

I Give: Zack Greinke, Michael Young and Mat Latos

I Get: Hanley Ramirez, Michael Cuddyer and Josh Johnson

Favorite Answer

I think that u should not accept the deal because 1. Josh Johnson is not doing his best with just a 5-6 record this season while zack greinke is 9-2 with 111 strikeouts which is the 7th best in the MLB. I say that u should mix up the deal and have Hanley rameriez for Matt Latos and michael young. And maybe if u want to attempt u can add in Stephen drew and put josh Johnson in the deal which would improve your team a good amount. So the trade could be

U give: Matt Latos, Stephen Drew, and Michael Young.

U get: Hanley Rameriez, and josh Johnson

Source(s): Know a lot about baseball

I say accept it. Sure, you give up Greinke, but Hanley is a stud, where you know what you're going to get for this season and next season. It looks like your team could use the long ball that you'll get from Ramirez. And if he's also 3B eligible, you can start him there until Longoria gets back from the DL then move him back to SS.

Greinke is the big issue here. You'll be losing one of the top pitchers in fantasy baseball THIS season. First of all, yes he does have 9 wins, but that's replaceable. He also has 117 K's, which is also replaceable. What you won't miss is his 3.57 ERA (pretty high for your #1 pitcher) and a 1.27 WHIP (also, pretty high considering he's your #1 ace). Now this doesn't count for fantasy, but batters are also hitting .260 off of him. That's really high. Not only that, but his numbers might be a little inflated, considering he has a run support average of 8.22. That's 8th in the majors, which means his offense scores a lot for him. The way to make up for those lost K's and W's is to try streaming pitchers, depending on the pitcher or innings pitched or acquisition cap in your league. They'll rack up wins and k's for you if you pick the right guys. Just pick up pitchers with favorable match ups for a game and then drop him for another favorable pitcher.

Also, you might want to check out Salvador Perez at Catcher. He's been pretty hot right now. Or maybe Ryan Doumit if he's available.

Source(s): I was dead last in my league in W's and K's (I inherited someone else's team) and since I've been streaming pitchers, I'm up to the middle in both categories in a few weeks. ESPN.com

I would not accept. Hanley is a fantasy killer right now for me in a fantasy league with his low average and high amount of K's. Michael Young is nice to have since he has elgibility in many IF postitions. I also believe lately Mat Latos is a better pitcher than Josh Johnson. I would not do either trade!

Source(s): Please like my new page! Would love more visitors! https://www.facebook.com/FantasyHelp

I Give: Zack Greinke and Michael Young

.................................................................

NO. Greinke will bounce back from a few bad starts and Young is wayy better than Cuddeyer. Plus Hanley is very overrated in my opinion and Young is almost as good as him.

..................................................................

Josh Johnson has also struggled this year and may have turned it around a little but Latos is still a very good P. I think he is just as good as JJ this year so adding those 2 P's doesn't make the deal any better,

Don't do this trade your team looks fine as it is. If you want to improve anything improve your Catcher.