Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

How is The U.K. Different from America?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

1. The U.K is tiny compared to the U.S

2. The U.S has many different climates (deserts,mountains,forests,tundra and grassland all in the one place) but the climate is pretty much the same all across the U.K

3. The U.K has a monarchy but the U.S has never had a Royal family at all.

4. They both have different education systems

5. The U.K is made up of four countries (Scotland,England,Northern Ireland and Wales)

6. Different festivals and holidays (Such as the diamond jubilee and other Royal holidays in the U.k and the fourth of July and Thanksgiving in the U.S)

7. Very different accents!

8. The U.K has more history as it has been a nation longer than the U.S

There's probably loads more but i'm too tired to think right now! I hope i helped anyway!

• peevee
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

America is to the West of the Atlantic and UK is to the East of it. UK is a country in Europe. America is a continent between the Atlantic and the Pacific Oceans. If what is meant by America is USA, then it is a country in North America. Originally colonies that went to form USA were British colonies. On attaining freedom, these colonies federated and adopted a republican constitution. UK consists of England, Scotland and a part of Ireland. UK has amonarchical form of government.

• 9 years ago

A bit different, like different foods, like America have Hershey and Reeses, and only some shops in the UK stock them, so it's hard to find. Different shops, such as the UK has Primark, and some other shops that America doesn't and America has some the UK doesn't. Different schooling system, such as Middle School, High school, Elementary, where the UK normally only has Nursery, Primary, and Secondary. Lockers, sports teams ect. They are quite different but they are also similar. (:

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

The united states of America is a young version of the united kingdom, eg the world power, strong global influence, incredibly strong military for the time, undefeatable, rich, arrogant and ignorant because they think it will last forever.

They will eventually become like us (the uk) old and wise but with a rotting population an ever shrinking military and part of a big pensioner group just like the EU.

Like father like son. Americas Denise is sadly inevitable.

• The UK is the birthplace of modern liberal democracy and freedom and is ruled by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, the world's greatest Head of State.

America is a cruel tyranny based on the lie that everyone is equal, which has spent its entire history conquering and ethnically cleansing defenceless natives whilst hypocritically denouncing everyone else.

Source(s): Bring on 9/11 2!!!!!
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

America is a planet of its own, it has frozen over parts, warm, barren/desert like, mild and forests.

USA has better house prices

UK has huge taxes on petroleum

USA has loads of tv ads

UK once owned India

Iraq

North America

Australasia

Gambia and south Africa

Scotland

UK has better healthcare

In my opinion i feel strangers are friendlier

They are pretty similiar actually,

They are both largely influential on the rest of the world

they both get new gadgets and technology before the rest of the world (except china) (USA probably gets it a little before UK)

Hope that helped

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

In so many ways such as the weather. in america its more hot but in england it constantly rains, we do get sun but thats only for 2 months around july-august.

also we have a lot of historical places and america doesnt. England is also mulitculutural and we dont have that much racism like u do in the amerca. In the usa however things like clothes, food, cards, houses are more cheaper and more nicer, u also have nice places as well and very good food, i luv watching man vs food. u also have more talent, good tv programmes and many more.

• ?
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

The UK has socialized medicine.

• 9 years ago

well, america is big, the uk is small, different accents, america is full of fat people, UK has terrible weather etc etc

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.