Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

WDYT about this kind of name?

Mark Clark

Ray Gray

Van Mann

Paul Hall

Bill Hill

Jack Mack

Teri Berry

Jill Hill

Luz Cruz

Jen Fenn

Pam Hamm

Joan Stone

I have either personally known people with these names or have seen them in the newspaper.

Some are simply chosen nns (Jack Mack is actually Jonathan Mack).

For the women, most are married names (Jill Hill's maiden name is a 5-syllable Polish name).

So...what do you think?

Cheesy or simply memorable?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

HILARIOUS x

• 9 years ago

I think they're very cheesy. Their names don't flow well, because the first names are (for the most part) the same number of syllables as their last names. The rhyming also sounds boring and lackluster, and is awkward to say.

Names are supposed to flow well, since they identify a person. If they sound like cheesy, fake names, or unprofessional nicknames, then they might not make a good first impression with people that matter (ie. bosses, etc.). It might lead to people lying about their names, and saying that they're just nicknames, and then go by the longer name in an attempt to sound less like a cartoon character.

Marcus Clark, Raymond Gray, William Hill, John Mack, Jennifer Fenn, and Pamela Hamm would have been so much better.

Hope this helped.

• 9 years ago

I prefer Jonathan Mack! Can be Vicent too!!!

• 9 years ago

I find does name cheesy & stupid because when your child goes 2 school they well make fun of his/her name. for example why would you give your child a first name & middle or last name that rhymes . i find it 2 actually be corny!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

Lol funny. I think they are memorable. It'd be cool to have a name like that xD

• 9 years ago

I think it's horrible, to be honest. When I was at school, there was a boy there called Kamal Kamal. Which was really quite unfortunate. Rhyming names (or repeated names, in his case) sound silly, and just plain comical. If their parents actually gave them a rhyming name... it's just cruel.

:)

Please answer mine?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AmCMU...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.