My employee filed H1B for me waiting for approval from USCIS?

My employee filled H1b for me on 6th June 2012 just 5 days before quota has been fulled. I received application receipt on 9th June 2012. I am waiting for approval from USCIS I do want to know normal approval time to get approve from USCIS. The application was filled in regular procedure.

Thank You

Best Answer

Don't count on anything yet! There's a pretty good chance you're too late. Also, unless the employer paid the fees for premium processing, it will take 90 days for the employer to hear, then get back to you.

Of course, another round of major layoffs has started being announced, so that job could evaporate before October 1st anyway. The so-called "declines" in US unemployment rate are due to delays in factory closures for summer retooling (which skewed "seasonal adjustments") and the elimination of a horde of long-term job seekers from the statistics. Real unemployment rate continues to rise in the US.

Right now you wait and see whether you lucked out here, or whether this evaporates before Oct. 1.

• pk

Unless your employer paid for 15 day premium processing, you'll be waiting at least 90 days like everyone else.

you are probably out of luck for this year

the employer should know by now