Why do people take God's name in vain?

The truth is, nobody knows for sure how the name of God was originally pronounced. Why not?

Because Jewish scribes and God prophets, who were afraid that people would use the holy name in vain(current events), removed the vowel points from the name.

God's name taken in vain many times,Taking God's name in vain is the insignia of

Hollywood(love,action,science fiction,fantasy,horror,Thriller,Porn Softcore&Hardcore,Kids)movies

The voice you just heard is that of Harry Caray (1914-1998), the famous radio and TV broadcaster for the Chicago Cubs baseball team for many years. Mr. Caray was renowned for his exuberant saying, "holy cow." Such misuse of the word "holy" was also a featured element in the 1970's Batman series... "Holy ______ Batman!" Never in the history of America have so many people misused spiritual terms, and used God's name in vain as today. Any mention of the word "holy" should only be reserved for that which is spiritually holy.

It is a horrible sin to use God's name in vain, and that doesn't just apply to cursing either. It is common for TV's late night shows to mock and make sport of spiritual matters. They are using God's name in vain. This is a woeful evil in many countries.

Prime Time television programming is sexually perverted.

In the Hollywood movie First Blood, with Sylvester Stallone(Sylvester Stallone's son died), actor Brian Denny (who plays the Police Chief) curses in God's holy name repeatedly, over and over. This is evil.

It is more than coincidental that even your Atheists(not all) curse in God's name, especially when they get angry. If you don't believe the Bible for the Bible's sake, then believe it for the self-incriminating nature of man. At the climax of pain, anger, joy, or pleasure... God's name is often taken in vain by the sinful world.

I hear young people referring to good things as being "wicked." Good tasting foods are often called "sinfully delicious." Folks, sin is not a joking matter to God. Increasingly, TV commercials tease about homosexuality, adultery, and many other evils condemned in the Scriptures. Prime Time television programming is sexually perverted.

@ imaginary

"If god gets so upset over little things like using his name in vane, then he needs to stop being such a pussy."

The knowledge of God is not dependent upon anything.

We can't cheat and serve God,people can CHEAT the others in their STUDY or WORK or LIFE, but people can't cheat God.

I don’t think that God gets angry in the same way that people do.

Favorite Answer

If this is all true, then let God strike Bill Maher down with a lightning bolt and singe him extra crispy!

Hopefully God has read this and is having a good laugh. Peoples minor transgressions are trivial to an Omnipotent God, I am sure his motel behind the pearly gates would be quite empty if our "inappropriate" use of the language were a true wager of his acceptance.

If god gets so upset over little things like using his name in vane, then he needs to stop being such a pussy.

I very rarely get angry and when I do I don't curse God's name. Unless his name is Dicknose. Which I'm sure you'll agree it isn't.

I didn't see any questions included in your rant. This is a question board, so you could have included at least one question in the novel that you wrote.

• Bibs

People want to say something that has great import or force. They want to be dramatic.

Holy **** that was a long question. I mean, oh my god. That was a lot of reading..

So... What is your question? Lolol.

Source(s): herpderp

i don't know why people do, but its just has become something society does, i mean, kids can only talk about God when they say the pledge in school

being atheist, I dont feel im properly suited to answer this question, but I still wanted my 2 points