Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 7 years ago

Doctors are abandoning their careers due to the black Hitlers socialize health care scheme...are you shocked?

Best Answer

Supports “Obamacare”:

The American Medical Association 215,854 members

The American College of Physicians membership of 132,000 members

The American Academy of Family Physicians 100,000 members

The American College of Surgeons 78,000 members

The American Academy of Pediatrics 60,000 members

The American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists 50,000 members

The American Society of Anesthesiologists 46,000 members

The American Osteopathic Association 35,000 members

The American Psychiatric Association more than 36,000 psychiatric physicians

Doctors for America 15,000 members

The American College of Cardiology 40,000 members

I also live in Canada and as Blue Purple Pink said, if your logic was true, then Canada would be void of doctors. I went to see my family doctor last Friday. We said our hellos, joked about some stuff, then he examined me. Then said our good byes.

I guess that was just me hallucinating eh? From the time I called to make an appointment with the secretary, to finally driving and parking my car, walk to the 2nd level of the mall, open the office door, greeted the secretary, waited and then went to the doctor's room...?

Hmmm...

When I asked my doctor what he felt about Americans like you who think Socialized health care is evil and wrong, he said: "I can't say anything on the issue due to my role as a doctor, but I will say that everyone is entitled to their opinion. I just disagree with their opinion."

Good man. Great doctor. I am glad to be born and raised in Canada, but I am saddened to see people like you continue to step on the system. The system that works for the greater good of all people. Selfish pricks like you should go live in a country like Iraq and see how you like it there, since everything is so self-reliant based.

Oh by the way, my family doctor is in his early 40's, drives a 2011 BMW M3 and owns a nice 2600 square foot house in the city, has two young sons and a wife. He makes a decent salary.

-------------

@T-Bone: In Canada we get IMMEDIATE TREATMENT FOR:

- emergency operations

- life threatening illnesses

We get shortened wait times for Doctor Visits that can take as little as 1 day to as long as 8 days. The "long wait times" you're talking about are for NON EMERGENCY TREATMENTS.

Guess what?

I HAVE universal health care to fall back on. If I feel it is too slow or I can get better treatment elsewhere, I WILL because I have the OPTION to.

In the USA, before UHC was introduced, YOU HAD NO REAL VIABLE OPTION. You had:

A) Stay at home, hope that the illness will go away.

----OR----

B) Get hit with a massive medical bill.

In Canada, we have:

A)

- Go to the doctor for free within 1-8 days.

- Get an appointment with a specialist within 1 week to 3 months.

- Get an appointment to do an X-ray for free within 1 week to 3 months.

- Walk into a blood test facility for free any day.

----OR----

B)

- travel abroad for alternative care

many people who stay in international locations that have socialized drugs. in spite of the undeniable fact that none of those international locations can certainly practice that their systems are in fact greater responsive or resourceful than the equipment in the U. S.. Nor can they adventure the survivability information bearing directly to substantial ailment and ailment. the main powerful concern with united states of america equipment is definitely one of value. no count what argument you examine out it no count if or no longer that is insurability or coverage it nonetheless reverts back to value on the backside point. i'm focused on addressing this discrepancy in the equipment right here in the U. S., yet those subject concerns could be rectified without thoroughly tearing down the prevailing equipment.

• T-Bone

To answer your question;

No, As a hospital nurse who works in the ER department I can say first hand that the care of patients will decrease with Obamacare. Many of our doctors are past the age of retirement and all of them say they will give up the medical practice before Obamacare takes effect in 2014. If you add 40 million more patients and decrease the number of practicing doctors on top of the current doctor shortage in America it does not take a genius to see the train wreck that will happen after 2014....Personally I am thinking of going into a private practice facility to keep my personal quality of care intact...

Edit: For those who equat the Canadian system to Obamacare.....The total population of Canada does not equal that of California and the number of illegal immigrants in America are almost the population of Canada. Yet they have waiting list so long for care they come to our Hospital for care. Now add the rest of the population of America into the mix and you will have rationed care faster than you can blink to contain the explosion of costs....

• Where is this happening?... I live in Canada and by that logic we should technically have no doctors here - but, uh, our doctors, nurses, and medical professionals are here and quite content... In other words; nobody spontaneously combusted from having socialized health care.

Source(s): Canadian with family in America.

That is not true. There are just as many as there ever were and will continue to be so.

• Nelson

I've never heard of that..