My parents marriage is falling apart . what do i do?

they hav started fighting n blaming each other.....dad even hit mom....n now he has left for 2 days jst b4 her bday!!!! its cruel to her but i think he is suffering too........

Favorite Answer

Sorry to hear that but there's nothing you can do

• Margie

I know what you're going through. I've been through the same. I would advise that you don't try and hide your feelings from either of them. Anger and feelings of betrayal are normal. They are in a pretty horrible place too now, but in order to make the right decisions for themselves and for you they need to know how you feel and what you're thinking. Emotions are running hot and they will probably say and do things which they will regret. Your mother wants to run away, which is normal. I'm guessing, since you don't want to leave, that you like your Dad and the place where you live. It's good you told her you don't want to move. If you want her to listen, honesty (blunt honesty) is always best. My parents seperated: my Dad got remarried and my mother has jumped from relationship to relationship. It's been a very bumpy ride but I can say that I've come out of it all right and a much stronger person. Your parents still love you. Things might seem chaotic and dark right now, but I promise that it will get better.

they are both suffering with what they are going through. you could never understand what it is that they are feeling or what is happening . It has nothing to do with you and there is nothing you could to do make their problems better. they have to go through the steps and figure things out together on their own. the most you could do is let them both know that you love them both no matter what. do not take sides but listen if they speak to you. and do not get in their way, also give them time to deal with whats going on and let them handle things. perhaps you can make things a little easier by helping out with chores around the house, cooking and just picking up more responsibilities. but best of all continue to show love and support to both

Being honest and not trying to hurt your feeling further. There is nothing you can do and it is really not your business. It is their marriage and up to them to work through this or not. Personally the one time my Ex hit me was the only time. A temper like that doesn't change without a lot of work.

Source(s): Been there from a couple prospectives

You didn't do anything after he hit your mom? Really?

I saw my dad hit my mom when I was 13 and I did not hesitate to call the police on him.

They are still married and he never hit her again. He thanked me for doing that because it allowed him to seek help.

Shame on you for just standing by and doing nothing.

As far as this marriage goes. Nothing you can do.

i really don't think thee's anything you can do but you can sure support the person who is right and honest in this relationship....either parent may be playing game that you cannot see but think and evaluate the whole situation and support who ever is right

Sorry to know that it is happening to you. You can't do anything for it. Your mom should be firm and you should support her.

• Ethan

There's nothing you can do ...