What religion are these people?

Okay, awhile back when we bought our first two goats we met some VERY nice people. Here is how to explain them:

--There are 12 people in the family: 9 kids, 2 parents, and a grandmother

--There is not a single TV in their house, just one computer, a couple of phones, and a radio

--EVERY kid has a job. The younger girls and possibly a boy work indoors, and 5 - 6 others work outside and have their own assigned animal to take care of. Brooke, our friend, cares for the goats. Another kid has the horses, another chickens, etc. They also all do yard work as well. They own one farm here in Leesburg and another in Cordele.

--ALL the girls wear skirts. The skirts don't always go to their ankles, but they are never above their knees.

--They are very strict on religion. They go to church every Sunday no matter what. They also take a bike ride every evening at around 6. They also NEVER cuss or say dirty words, anything from butthead to "sex" is consider a dirty word.

--They have a confederate flag in front of both of their homes.

--The oldest, Brooke, is a Mid Wife. She helps mothers who are having children. She actually delivered a baby in a pool not too long ago (idk, that is what she said)

--Also, Brooke just met her first boyfriend (Brooke is 22). This is how it went: First her and the boys fathers met in church and thought the two were right for each other. So they talked and talked and talked to their kids. Just a month or so ago Brooke was flown out to NM with her mom to meet the boy for the first time. She has only written him letters. They were not allowed to kiss, hug, anything of that sort. She got to see him a week ago as well (I am so happy for her!). Now the boy is courting her by holding hands and such. They still cannot kiss or do anything "sexual". A hug is the most. She cannot actually live with him or do anything more until they marry, from what I have heard. The anything more is what I meant by that.

My mother thinks they are Mormons, but my friends (not Brooke) mother doesn't think that. So I am wondering what they are? They are Christian-like in religion. DO NOT WORRY. I do not judge them, I am just super curious to see what they are...They are VERY accepting people, and I mean very. Even though they are strict on religion, they still call us extremely sweet people and we don't even go to church. Heck, my dad is the only one in my family that acts christian. My mom is atheist and all I believe in is a god. All I want to know is what they are or might possibly be. Thanks!

Another thing that shows they are accepting is that Brooke trusts me to get ANY of her goats. She trusts me more than any other owner.

Favorite Answer

Pentecostal. Some of these are the rattlesnake handling kind. Bizarre.

• Neerp

I would say NOT Mormons. Mormon girls don't wear skirts all the time, especially to work around the home/farm. And idk where the confederate flag comes from, does that have anything to do with their religion?

They sound like a fairly good family from what you describe. We have two televisions in my house, but they are not hooked up. The small one upstairs is for the nintendo, the big one downstairs just collects dust. Everyone has a computer, everyone has a cheap clock/radio. We go to church every Sunday, but not no matter what. We get sick, it floods, the creek rises, etc., we stay home and keep our germs to yourselves. Common sense....

Mennonite maybe?

Wow, they sound exactly like our family! WE are just Protestants in norhtern Ireland but dad is fundamental . These sound a bit like Pentecostals. I can wear knee length skirts but no shorter and no trousers ever. It's just me becasue mammy and Dad could not have a big family. Also I get spanked (the rod) for punishment which I think proper Christians like these also believe in from what I see. Do you know if they get spankings? I'd love to meet Brooke!!! I'm 20 and Dad has just told me about these rules. It's called courtship and that is how I will have to meet my husband to be.

Sounds like they are a version of Mennonite. Mennonites split away from the Amish and are more "modern" in their ways, but there are some things that are still unusual enough that others notice them. The Amish are far more strict: as in; they do not use cars, trucks, tractors, nor electricity or telephones in their daily lives. Modern folks travel to Amish country just to observe them plowing away with horses...in that aspect, I think the Mennonites have it right.

I'm a Christian and my family, along with my pastors, and friends (All from the same church they both have 14 kids in their family) act quite the same. They're probably just Christians. Not Mormons, no clue why you'd think that's what they are? Just ask them. And believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, you have no chance without Him.

• Ammon

It is not common for most Mormons to have a Confederate Flag, but then again depending on what part of the country they are from they might be proud of their heritage...

that is encouraged, regardless of the ancestory that some who is a Mormon happens to have, by THE Church Of JESUS CHRIST Of Latter Day Saints.

They might be members of THE Church Of JESUS CHRIST Of Latter Day Saints, who are from the South East part of the United States originally. Most Mormons are from other parts of the World, and Utah is far from the States that are below the Mason Dixon line, however it is still possible.

They might be Christians who will someday become members of THE Church Of JESUS CHRIST Of Latter Day Saints because they believe in keeping the commandments of Jesus Christ like Charity and Chastity...

according to your description.

More and more the Pagan based Churches who call themselves Christian Churches they are failing and going bankrupt and they are melting and being blown away like the wind.

THE Church Of JESUS CHRIST Of Latter Day Saints owns all of it's property. Most other Churches that call themselves Christian, don't, they are in hock to the bank just like most everyone else (except THE Church Of JESUS CHRIST Of Latter Day Saints).

So if they are not Mormons now, little do they know that either soon or in the future they will become members of THE Church Of JESUS CHRIST Of Latter Day Saints because they believe in all that Jesus Christ taught that is good and holy and righteous.

Whoever this family is, they believe in the law of chastity, which is a very admirable thing to believe in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGkqCs1Ltt8

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zso98uAl4A

Youtube thumbnail

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pq7f3XW7DAI

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sP1Aai5GVU

Youtube thumbnail

http://Mormon.org Chat.

God bless.

They can be Mennonite, Hutterite, Brethren, Quaker, Pentecostal. Ask them directly.

• Melkha

Can NOT say for sure, but there are these top 3 to consider:

Amish

Mennonite

Hutterite

They are not Mormons. They are just Christians, PROTESTANTS to be more exact. Like the Amish or like the pilgrims.

• Kevin7

If you are curious ask the family in a polite diplomatic manner