My Samsung Kies won't update to 2.3.2.12064_9?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
Every time I hit update it gets stuck at 92% then starts installing and then Kies starts up again it says I have the same update available. Do i need to uninstall it and reinstall or ...show more
Update : **UPDATE** To Joe every time I try to edit that text file it says ...show more
Best Answer
  • Mindy answered 2 years ago
Joe, I was having the same issue as her.. It wouldn't let me save to that file.. so what I did I created a new Notepad document, saved it to my desktop, then opened that file on a small screen and then dragged that file from the desktop to the folder where KiesVersion.txt was in then it asked if I wanted to replace the existing file, I said yes, then it said I had to grant administrative permission to it and I hit continue then it replaced the old file with the new one. So then when I opened up Kies to see what software it was running it showed the new version, so I'm just now plugging in my Samsung Note and will do my husbands Galaxy S2 Skyrocket to try and update. Fingers crossed, I hope it works!
  • Rate
  • Comment

Other Answers (2)

Rated Highest
  • Rated Highest
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • Joe answered 2 years ago
    this happened to me too. there is no official solution (how stupid of samsung). but, heres what you can do. open up the folder where kies is installed to. on windows vista, by default its in "C drive > program files (x86) > samsung > kies". in this folder, there is a file called "KiesVersion.txt". open this up, and replace the numbers with "2.3.2.12064_9". this will trick kies into thinking its actually running version 2.3.2.12064_9. this is how i got it to to work, and ICS installed successfully to my skyrocket. good luck!
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Ra answered 2 years ago
    I had the same problem. And here is what you need to do:

Go to:

http://www.samsungapps.com/about/onPc.as

Download and install kies version 2.3.2.12064_9_7.

This will solve the problem and it will do the proper upgrade and update.

Cheers
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member Since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total Answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock