Donny
Donny asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 8 years ago

Being John Malkovich vs. Adaptation.?

which do you like more? both are great

BQ- thoughts on Where the Wild Things Are?

BQ2- thoughts on Spike Jonze? where's he rank among your favorite directors?

BQ3- thoughts on Charlie Kaufman?

BQ4- Nicolas Cage or John Cusack?

BQ5- expectations for Jonze's next feature? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1798709/

thanks

Favorite Answer

Probably Being John Malkovich. It's such a weird but awesome movie. The scene where Malkovich goes inside his own head is one of my favorite scenes of any movie, it's so bizarre and funny. The cast (especially Catherine Keener) is great too. I do however also love Adaptation, Nicolas Cage plays the Kaufman brothers as well as I have ever seen one actor play two people. Chris Cooper and Meryl Streep are great too of course. So yeah I probably like Being John Malkovich just a little bit more, but the combination of Charlie Kaufman and Spike Jonze can never fail,

BQ: It is my least favorite Spike Jonze movie. It's not bad, but I just did not enjoy watching it too much. There was some stuff (like when he rips the guys arm off or whatever) that I found to be odd and slightly off-putting. There were some things I liked though, especially the visual style and the way the creatures looked. I would give it like 6/10.

BQ2: He is great. he would make my top 30, maybe even if my top 20. He's only made three movies though, if he makes more really good movies then his rank would go up for sure.

BQ3: He might be my favorite screen-writer working today. Every movie I have seen of his I love, especially Eternal Sunshine, one of my favorite movies ever. I will watch anything he writes, I hope he does something new soon.

BQ4: I think Nicholas Cage is a more talented actor, but if someone today told me I have to choose between watching either a John Cusack movie or a Nicolas Cage movie, I'm choosing John Cusack because I'd probably I have a lesser chance of suffering (although neither is in particularly great movies nowadays).

BQ5: I didn't know about it until just now, but now that I read the premise I have to say that sounds like it could be one of the most original and cool movies in a very long time. Awesome idea, I'm excited now.

The Dark Knight Goodfellas Kill Bill No Country for Old Men Magnolia The Life Aquatic A Clockwork Orange Requiem for A Dream 127 Hours American Gangster Psycho Good Will Hunting Being John Malkovich The Godfather Before the Devil Knows You're Dead Million Dollar Baby Saving Private Ryan Brazil The Grapes of Wrath Se7en

• \Liam\

Hey Donny :)

I love both Adaptation and Being John Malkovich, as you said both of them are great. I think I like Being John Malkovich just a tiny bit more, because of how completely odd the story is. Also I haven't seen Adaptation for quite a while.

BQ: Didn't like it

BQ2: Love him, definitely in the top 20

BQ3: He's a genius! His imagination scares me a little

BQ4: John Cusack

BQ5: Looks great, very high expectations. Kaufman, Jonze and Mara. Should be fantastic

:)

Adaptation 9/10

- Both are great but I enjoyed Adaptation more than BJM.

BQ: Where The Willd Things Are 7/10 - Good but I'll never go out of my way to see it again.

BQ2: I really like Spike Jonze. He's made some Bad *** commercials and of course his music videos are excellent. Top 30.

BQ3: Total original. Eternal Sunshine is in my Top 10. Haven't seen Human Nature. It's on my watch-list.

BQ4: Wow. Thats a toughy...Probably Cage.

BQ5: Haven't heard about this one. Cast looks great. Is Kaufman involved?

What's Up, Donny!! Did you have a good week?

Being John Malkovich - I hated Adaptation, it moved way too slow

Did not like Where the Wild Things Are, it was very mournful and depressing

I am intrigued by Charlie Kaufman. I think he does some really interesting and inventive stuff but it's always like...on an angle. Like totally skewed. I watched Human Nature and after it was over I saw it was by Charlie Kaufman and I was like, oh that explains it! LOL

John Cusack definitely - I have way more respect for him as an actor these days

I've only been getting into Jonze very recently and I haven't seen either.

BQ: It was okay

BQ2: No. Not that familiar.

BQ3: He's good

BQ4: Despite the fact he's done a lot of bad stuff, I prefer Cage

BQ5: I'd imagine it'd be good

• Logan

Nice question and a hard one too

Adaptation

BQ I have never seen that before. What do you think about it and should I watch it?? I will have to google it and find out just what the movie is about since I have never heard of it so your opinion would help me out a great deal!! Thanks.

BQ2 He is amazing, I thingk he has grown so much. well among the top 20

BQ3 He is one of the best screenplay writers ever.

BQ4 You know, I really am not a Cusack fan, I really like Nicolas Cage and I am not ashamed of that either.

BQ5 Interesting, great cast, The plot a guy falling in love with a voice on a computer. I am sure it will be great.

• Dr. X

MALKOVICH!

Official answer: Being John Malkovich.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6Fuxkinhug

Youtube thumbnail

BQ4: Nicolas Cage

Being John Malkovich, but then I live in NJ.

Adaptation. The script is incredible and Cage is brilliant.