Does anyone know a good safe On line Bible Dictionary?

I read the KJV and some times i do not understand what i am reading.

any advice on a good bible dictionary on the net?

Thank you.

• Favorite Answer

http://www.e-sword.net/

This is actually NOT on the internet....It is a FREE download. Once you do the initial download (with KJV), there are many more FREE Bible versions available, and many of them are much more readable than KJV. Of course, there ARE certain Bible versions that cost somewhat due to copyright laws, but none are very expensive; there are no printing costs.

I currently have about 43 Bible versions loaded: ASV, BBE, CEV, Darby, Douay-Rheims 1899, EMTV, ESV, Geneva, GNB, GNT, GNT-BYZ+, GW, HCSB, HOT, ISV, KJV+, LITV, LXX, MKJV, NIV, NIrV, NKJV, NLT, NRSV, NRSVA, RV, TNIV, etc.

One thing that's really cool about this software is that you can pick up to four versions and display them side by side, so you're building your own version (to your liking) of a parallel Bible. This helps me a lot with understanding what I'm reading. There are also several FREE downloadable Bible Dictionaries, as you requested:

Brown-Driver-Brigg's Hebrew definitions

Easton's Bible Dictionary

Fausset's Bible Dictionary

International Standard Bible Encyclopedia

King James Concordance

Nave's Topical Bible

Strong's Bible Dictionary

Thayer's Greek Definitions

And more, and still more if you're willing to pay a little.

You can also do electronic word and phrase searches; for example, it took me about 10 seconds to find that Genesis 43:11 is the only verse in the Bible to mention pistachio nuts. (CEV, Darby, ESV, GNB, GW, HCSB, NIV, etc.)

Once you do the downloads, E-Sword is a software program on your computer, and you don't need internet access to use it. I sometimes bring my laptop to Sunday School.

Hope this helps and I hope you enjoy it.

The Voice

Seriously - this is good, a real printed work that is old (> 100 years) and has been scanned into digital format. So: it's content is unaltered from its original print form...but it's not as easy to search as a typical online Bible dictionary. It's purpose is *exactly* what you want - it explains the meanings of archaic words in the KJV.

First link on this page:

http://www.onlinestudybibles.com/kjv.html

- Jim, http://www.bibleselector.com/

best to go to library.. Not any internet sites.. They have been infilltrated by viruses dumped by mid-eastern muslim hackers to track users.. And.. If you have a good firewall program running.. You wil find out in right..!! Trying to look up religious descriptions is like going through a muslim minefield..!! Be warned..! Even here.. Watch the virus detection programs close.. Almost every one has a rider virus attached from over there...!

Source(s): personal experence