Did Richard Dreyfuss aged badly?

What same features does Robert De Niro have in this old picture and in this recent picture? Ho looks so different after 37 years after Jaws He looks like a young stud in this jaws photo:

http://beerdbeards.blogspot.ca/2010/01/p…

He look like a 100 year old guy in this photo:

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm4154833664/n…

You know that disease that makes people age real fast? When some poor six-year-old kid has the shrunken face of an eighty-year-old crone? I think Richard Dreyfuss has that.

This has been bugging me for some time, so today I did some research. Now stay with me on this. It will be worth it. (Well, it probably won't be worth it, but stay with me anyway. Like you got something better to do?)

Richard Dreyfuss was in American Graffiti in 1973, playing a teenager. A scant eighteen years later he played the old man love interest of Holly Hunter in Once Around. No, he didn't just look old, this was part of the actual plot: the family was shocked that their daughter (Hunter) would date such an old man. Eighteen years. I tell you, this guy has the life span of a gnat.

OK, here are the actual numbers. Dreyfuss was born in 1947, which means he was a 26-year-old teenager in Graffiti. Fine. Luke Perry played a teen when he was 48. But the shocker to me is that here in the year 2012, on the threshold of the next century, Richard Dreyfuss, who has been playing old men for at least a decade, is STILL ONLY 64 YEARS OLD! My God, he looks 100!

Try this: look at a photo of Dreyfuss and look at a photo of Pierce Brosnan. Who is older? Well, of course Dreyfuss is. But by how many years? Twenty? Thirty? Fifty? Nope, Richard Dreyfuss is six years older than Brosnan. Six years! Whoa, those must have been some rough years! He looks like Brosnan’s grandpa!

And dig this: Candice Bergen, Loni Anderson, Mick Jagger, David Bowie, Richard Belzer and Albert Brooks are all older than Dreyfuss. (And I only got through the 'B's before I added Jagger!) Yes, even Cher. Cher, for crissake, is older than Dreyfuss! (So's Buddy Ebsen, by the way, in case you can’t tell.)

Shouldn't we be holding a telethon or something to help this poor man?

Favorite Answer

Who are you talking about --- DeNiro or Dreyfuss?

Dreyfuss has had a serious problem with addictions. That has a tendency to wear out your body like nothing else.

By the way, neither of those links are viable.

• aquila

Richard Dreyfus Age

Your links don't work so I went and checked him out myself I think he aged like a normal person and prefer the fact that the guy hasn't gone through so much surgery like many other actors that they looked so stretched out its not funny so I disagree and find him to be a very fine actor !

Maybe the other stars have had significant plastic surgery and he hasn't. Have you thought of that?