T asked in Beauty & StyleMakeup · 9 years ago

Everyday makeup ideas?

So I decided I'm bored with my to go to makeup routine, especially since school is going to start up again soon. Basically I need some coverage for my face, but nothing heavy. Preferalbly not foundation I guess. Also I have light skin with some freckles, blue/green/grey eyes(regularly blue), and I have cool undertones. I would really like some ideas! I'm usually wearing barely there makeup or none at all, natural i guess you would call it. I thought it would be fun to mix it up a bit. So thanks for any ideas :)

Favorite Answer

YouTube has lots of great tutorials and you will probably find what you are looking for. Here is my take on how you can spice up your everyday makeup with it still being wearable!

Eyes~ Use a colorful eyeliner like a blue to make you eyes pop and line your top lash line and wing it out if you want. Use a colorful mascara on your tips of your lashes if you already have regular black mascara on or if you feel more daring skip the regular mascara and apply the colored mascara on all your top lashes roots to tips. For eyeshadow apply natural looking colors so it looks nicer and more school appropriate. To do your eye shadow i suggest the Cover Girl 4-kit in Country Woods and the Cover Girl 3-kit in Shimmering Sands. Apply the medium color all over the lid, the apply the color that is darker than the one you put all over your lid in you crease then blend using a crease brush, then if there is a even darker color use it for a more dramatic look in your outer V and blend, lastly use the lightest color in the inner corner and brow bone.

Face~ Apply, if you want a tinted moisturizer to help even out your skin tone without covering you your freckles. Apply concealer over your acne and under eye circles. Apply a powder to set you makeup, use a translucent powder if you use the tinted moisturizer, or use a tinted power if you didn't to give your face more coverage if wanted. Use a bright pink blush for a daring and cute look or for a more stubble look use a light dusty rose-pink, apply to you apples of your cheeks and blend to your hairline. If you use a cream blush it can give you a more natural look, make sure to use it before your powder to set it so it stays longer. To warm up your face use a light brown matte bronzer with a large fluffy brush lightly all over your face focusing on your hairline, under your jaw, and below the area you applied the blush. If you want a dewy look apply a highlight to the middle of your forehead, the bridge of your nose, the tops of the cheekbones, and your cupids-bow.

Lips~ Use a light pinky color lipstick for a everyday use. Use a red color with cool under tones to complement your skin tone ( you might need to go to a makeup counter and let them help you find the best color for you). Use a red lip gloss on its own to give your lips a red glossy flush for a easier to wear look or use a light pink and clear for anytime. The NYX lipglosses and lipsticks are really nice and you can fin the them at Ulta.... and the lipsticks are only $4!! Try a lipstain like the Revlon Kissable Lipstain Balms the the color will stay all day long!

*** Only play up one part of your face and keep the others parts natural for example: you wear a red lip, wear only a light pink blush and on your eyes do a light eyeshadow look with regular mascara.

*** Also play around with your makeup as much as possible and experiment with new looks!

*** I recommend watching emilynoel83, Macbarbie07, kandeejohnson, grav3yardgirl, and HauteBrilliance.

Good luck :)

Source(s): Me, and Youtube videos

Best bet would be to use a powder foundation. Coverage but not heavy. Bare minerals? I think has really good ones but some at the drugstore would be L'Oreal true match powder. They have cool undertones to match. Goldie colors look good on blue eyes! And I feel like grey as well. A great palette to get would be the almay intense eye color in the shades for blue, to make your eyes pop.

Source(s): Hope I helped

For your face, you could use a tinted moisturizer or a bb cream. This will give you light coverage without doing bad to your skin. Or just Use a powder, it's probably the best for it! For your eyes, remember, don't go to dark during the day time.Use a light shimmery eyeshadow and define your eyes with mascara. Try Stila's eyeshadow in Kitten, and for mascara try Covergirl's lash blast fusion. Good luck!

We have the same eyes and skin tone! So this is my routine (for the days im not so lazy lol)

-every once in a while i will put on some bb cream

-elf waterproof eyeliner pen in a pretty thin line with a very small wing at the corner since i have very close set eyes it draws them apart.

-I fill in my brows with the elf brow definer i think?? hahahaha

-MASCARA

-lip balm

I also have blue/grey eyes. I use golds ond oranges which make blue eyes pop because they are oppisites on the color wheel. I first put on a primer then a nude then an orange or gold on top of that and then in the corner of your eye closest to your nose puta light color on it and brown eyeliner on your waterline untile you reach the middle of the pupil so it dosent give you a closed eye look and then a brown liquid eyeliner at the top right whre your eyelahes meet your eyelid.Hope it helps!

ok so start up with putting on a solid moisturiser to refresh your epidermis each morning - over the right of that positioned on commencing up (in case you elect it). positioned on a tiny little bit of pencil eyeliner on the backside of your eyes and a few mascara. in case you're tanned attempt putting bronzer alongside your cheek bones - if no longer then blusher. additionally you're able to desire to attempt eye shadow on however the tinniest bit and use diffused colorations. i admire white and you will attempt browns and pinks. desire this helped.