Why do people say Craigslist is dangerous?

Even offline dating is a risk

If I'm not mistaken a serial nut can pose as a christian on christianmingle.com right?

Even if they're verified as having no criminal record & being stable people, you might be the first time they unleash their craziness & commit a crime whether rape or murder?

And if it's really better to go on dates with people your friends or family know what if they're actually crazy serial killers too? Even if your friends say he's a nice guy/girl who would never kill, they might be a volcano about to erupt & might act crazy anytime

So do you never ever date because of this? Cuz even on eHarmony you can get killed even if the person is verified or am i wrong? So what's the big deal if i go on craigslist? its all the same risk.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • SCOTT
    Lv 5
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

You make a good point that people can lie on any site or even misrepresent themselves when you meet face to face. Craigslist is less monitored than some other sites and because of its openness there are more likely to be crazies there.

Add to this the possibility of being cheated if you by something off craigslist. Too many people are stupid and meet some one for the first time in some secluded place. They also take what the add says trueth, "buyer be ware".

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Emily
    Lv 4
    8 years ago

because it's a lot more dangeous to meet a complete stranger in real life whom you met online.

you really have no clue who they are.

you basically meet someone in your town in real life.

so the chances are one of your friends probably knows them.

so you will know who they really are no matter how sweet they talk about themselves to your face.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

because people are afraid of sex and the human body

Source(s): scared population
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.