Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 8 years ago

Will Romney go to jail for fraud?

"Romney has said he left Bain in 1999 to lead the winter Olympics in Salt Lake City, ending his role in the company. But public Securities and Exchange Commission documents filed later by Bain Capital state he remained the firm’s “sole stockholder, chairman of the board, chief executive officer, and president.”

In any matter within the jurisdiction of the executive, legislative, or judicial branch of the Government of the United States, knowingly and willfully— (2) makes any materially false, fictitious, or fraudulent statement or representation 18 USC § 1001.

How am I being nutz or crazy??? What he did is statutory fraud as defined by 18 USC §1001

I love how you attack me and call me crazy for stating a fact of law. *rolls* eyes

If anyone's crazy its you all. You are condoning illegal behavior.

@Christlives your answer is an argumentum ad hominem. Giving illogical answers is not how you get best answer in a question I ask.

@TK and if you notice the only come back these conservatives on here have to the facts I posted for this questions .. is to insult me.

@TK and if you notice the only come back these conservatives on here have to the facts I posted for this question is to insult me.

• TK
    Favorite Answer

You may be right. I would like to see Attorney-General Eric Holder investigate the matter expeditiously and make a determination to prosecute him or not.

Speaking of fraud, did you catch the portion of Mitt's speech to the NAACP where he said his highest priority would be creating jobs. He said that he would create jobs. That's completely opposite the GOP narrative that the President cannot create jobs. The GOP insists that all a President can do is create the conditions which private sector firms will respond by hiring, which completely ignores the direct intervention that President Obama and the Democratic Congress made to save GM and Chrysler. It also ignores the fact the if he had the authority to do so, President Obama could require all home mortgages be written down to FMV and rewritten at fixed market interest rates over 30 years. That would free up hundreds of millions in disposable income that would be saved or spent in our economy stimulating job creation and economic growth.

The GOP narrative is effectively undercut by Romney's hubris. What the GOP really means to say is that they WILL NOT permit President Obama to create jobs directly as he did in Michigan and Ohio and all the other Midwestern states when he saved the entire Midwest from a depression by rescuing the auto industry from the Chapter 7 bankruptcy liquidation. The very same Chapter 7 bankruptcy liquidation that Mitt Romney recommended as the only course of action to save the auto industry and hundreds of thousands of jobs.

Mitt Romney is a job creation fraud. Mitt has always been a fraud and always will be a fraud.

Wow Mr Romney is the man he can organise the winter Olympics and run a highly successful company at the same time sounds like just the kind of guy America needs

Worst question I've heard yet... Obama supporters are blind fools... He's ruining your Nation, but all you care about is his race... If America re-elects the "Worst President in U.S History", Obama, then America deserves to suffer the consequences... When the U.S implodes on itself, and it will if he's re-elected, retarded liberals like the moron that asked this question will be to blame... There is more to being POTUS than oratory skills or being half black. You actually have to be qualified and know what the hell it is you're doing. Obviously not. STUPID QUESTION JACKASS!!!

• Josh

Yes, let's elect a corporate, wall street crook to run the nation.

no but president's campaign team should go for lying and you too for further perpetuating it

• Sugar

He should but He'll just buy himself out of it.

right after you go to the nut house.