Why are Atheists more likely to burn books than Christians, who are educated and love to read novels ?

• Cronin
    Best Answer

Wait... I've never met an educated christian...

Studies actually show as education increases religion decreases so ... I don't know what you're smoking... Christians too busy burning Qurans and being hypocrites.

Which Atheist has burned a book? By novels do you mean the bible? What about Richard Dawkins? he's one of the most well read people on the planet.

Source(s): Common sense
  • Apollo

No one should ever burn a book, no matter what it's about, I think you have Atheists all wrong, as I have a few books in my bookcase like 'the Holy Bible, Holy Scriptures, the Book of Mormon, etc. as every book contains some knowledge, no matter if you believe it or not, it helps tell you what others believe, which in itself is knowledge.

I think you might be a bit confused. Not sure where you get your information. Atheists burning books? Never heard of it. As far as the catholic church goes,not only have they burned books in the past but it strongly discourages intellectualism. Don't want any "smart" freethinkers around questioning everything you know.

• Feivel

Do you have a source your statement that more atheists like to burn books that xtians? I doubt very much that is true and I am not an atheist or xtian but logic is logic, facts are facts and history, despite everyone's attempts at revisionism, is not changeable.

Xtians have burned books and well...people as well.

Source(s): Knowlege of history

Egypt's first born, Amalikites, Flood, She bears sent to murder 42 children.

I only burn books which depict a supreme being as a supreme baby murdering pig of a book god...some things are just so offensive they cannot be ignored.

It's paper, I don't care what's on it, it's fu­c­king paper.

It's only funny because we burn scripture and there's large scale butthurt and outrage, while we laugh, because as I said, it's fu­c­king paper. Vesting your life around paper's moral teachings is absurd.

Go ahead and burn "The God Delusion", we don't care because it's paper LOL.

I haven't ever burned a book, nor would I probably ever. But I think it's hilarious.

• Nicole

I have never in my life burned a book, nor suggested burning one.

Source(s): atheist

I don't think one's religious beliefs, or lack thereof, correlates with their likelihood to go on a book burning rampage.

• exs

Christians reading books....funny