_
_ asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 8 years ago

After 40 years is the IOC ready to acknowledge?

That 11 Israelis were murdered by the PLO at the Munich Olympic games in 1972, or will the IOC continue their deafening silence?

• 11UN
    Favorite Answer

I find it disgusting that LOCOG and the IOC has rejected Ankie Spitzer's (whose husband Andre was killed in the Munich massacre) appeal for a minute's silence during the opening ceremony to remember the victims.

I have signed Ms Spitzer's petition, and I would urge you to do the same.

You mean the IOC NEVER acknowledge that fact at all?

Well, who cares if the IOC acknowledges it or not. The whole world KNOWS that the massacre of 11 athletes from Israel happened exactly the way it did. Which is probably why to this day there is no great love of the world for them at all.

That was 40 years ago my dear, and the world still remembers.

O M G !!!! What are you doing posting something like this within 2 weeks of the games?????

YOU are going to spoil THEIR days of GLORY*************

GOOD !!!!!!!

It's about time someone took the gloves off to these bloated idiots who appear every four years to gather acclaim and knighthoods for services rendered without actually doing anything more than normal people do on a day to day basis in this country!

Sebastian Coe was a damned brilliant runner - but an MP and now a Lord?????????

How silly, how very silly.

Then he was appointed by Blair to the 2012 committee and ended up vetting the security companies who tendered for the games - well, here we have our answer today only Theresa May is becoming the fall guy for even more of Tony Blair's ineptitude!

Just in case you think Blair has nothing to do with any of this anymore - have a look at this morning's news -

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2172300

Yes, this pr*t is back - and you want answers for the murders of 1972? Never whilst this cretin is advising anyone - he needs to be dragged to the Hague for war crimes! How many has he sent to their deaths!!!!!

Petition Signed.

It seems the IOC are in the Muslim Appeasement Business.

As are most Western Governments.

Cowards.

• The Olympics is about sport. I do not believe that the IOC deny the events. They appear to not want to have what may be seen as a political statement.

*Excepting the crass commercialism, which is in itself, outlandishly political.

Edit. TD if you like. I just state the likely reasoning (and point out a potential weakness in it).

I have just signed the petition on the link given by Eternal Optimist. I urge you to do the same, forty years is too long.

I think it would be nice for the IOC to recognize the fact that it was 40 years ago, and some form of public recognition would be nice, however I don't believe in putting pressure on them to do so. If they make the call not to, then that is their decision. Call me cynical, but no amount of moralistic posturing is going to change what happened. I think people should have the freedom to remember what happened in their own way.

I don't believe in turning a historical tragedy into a sensitive political issue.

I was always under the impression that is what happened? or are you saying they didnt blame the PLO ? As long as we can guard against a repeat ?

Have they denied it for 40 years ?

I doubt ut.

It was a particularly cowardly attack.

Strange that anyone would find it acceptable in a sick tit for tat mentality......some find it hard to disagree with Muslim terrorism in any way.....and that hatred is a big part of the problem causing security issues at the 2012 Olympics.

Source(s): Eh snaz?