Question about the oil pressure sending unit?

I have a 1995 Jeep Cherokee with the I6 4.0 HO engine. Before I begin, the Jeep came like that when I bought it from the previous owner. It turns out that the oil pressure gauge does not function properly. It stays at a 3 o'clock position all the time, and I naturally assumed it was because the oil pressure... show more I have a 1995 Jeep Cherokee with the I6 4.0 HO engine. Before I begin, the Jeep came like that when I bought it from the previous owner. It turns out that the oil pressure gauge does not function properly. It stays at a 3 o'clock position all the time, and I naturally assumed it was because the oil pressure switch was broken. Turns out that there was no sending unit, but rather a screw in it's place, just blocking it. It also has other lines that were cut off and plugged, like the heater lines, a hose coming from the front differential, and other hoses and cables not in their place. Why would someone do this? Is there a specific reason you might think of that the previous owner used to do this? I find it quite peculiar.
Update: im serious with this question!! LOL i really hate looking at my oil gauge just sitting doing nothing.