Why does Chace Crawford get poor storylines in Gossip Girl?

The storylines of Chace Crawford's character, Nate Archibald, in Gossip Girl are very poorly-written. I think the screenwriter(s) just wanna ignore, ruin and destroy him in every aspect. Nate is originally a well-set main character in the novel. He's the spotlight of evthing. I know that the TV show... show more The storylines of Chace Crawford's character, Nate Archibald, in Gossip Girl are very poorly-written. I think the screenwriter(s) just wanna ignore, ruin and destroy him in every aspect. Nate is originally a well-set main character in the novel. He's the spotlight of evthing. I know that the TV show isn't necessarily equal to the novel, but I don't expect the storylines of him are as weak as now. He could be a great hit if the plot of him had been set right. His appearance, romantic relationships( with Serena & Blair) and family background are all attractive and have great potentials for a good story. Many fans wanna see more of him. But the screenwriter(s) just don't even give a damn to him!! (*they just immerse themselves in the world of Penn Badgay*)

So, why does Chace Crawford get poor storylines in Gossip Girl? Can't he demand a better storyline by using his star power (ok he's not any superstar but at least he's the secondly high-paid actor in the GG cast among Blake Lively) ? I know some people blame for the hit of Blair & Chuck that leads to less scenes of other characters, some say the producer and Nate don't get along well...blah blah blah....do u guys think so?
Update: To Jennifer: Ya, i think it's one of the reasons :(! Although I like Chair, but I definitely think that NSB is much more appealing. That's what the original story was supposed to be. It's such a pity that the producers give up the potential NSB love triangle as the main plot. Instead of that, they just... show more To Jennifer: Ya, i think it's one of the reasons :(! Although I like Chair, but I definitely think that NSB is much more appealing. That's what the original story was supposed to be. It's such a pity that the producers give up the potential NSB love triangle as the main plot. Instead of that, they just send Chace & Blake to hook up with those anonymous cougars and jerks randomly.... Poor Chace...