Gathering information and ideas from studying Patents?

When the Patent is approved and registered, all the patents infos and ideas are published in the paper ? or there is any aspects of the idea is hidden ?

Favorite Answer

The patent is supposed to contain enough information to allow someone "skilled in the art" to make the invention, so clearly if there is some vital piece of information missing then it would be impossible for anyone to make it work, so the patent would not protect your invention in its finished and working form.

Actually it is unlikely that you would get a patent granted in the first place; the examiner would reject it on the grounds that you don't fully explain how to get from A to C (because you have left out step B).

Even worse, if you did happen to get the patent and someone worked out what step B was, they could file a patent for a "new improved version", and deny you the rights to make and sell it!

Having said all that, there may be some aspects of the invention that you can keep out of the patent. Examples would be a specific electronic circuit or a way of making a particular component. You can keep those as trade secrets (a circuit can be protected by encapsulating it or integrating it on a chip).

Also if you have a patent for an invention and you invent an extra feature that makes it even better, then you don't necessarily need to protect the extra feature with a patent, as long as it doesn't change the basic design too much. Since you own the rights to the original invention you also own the rights to it with the new feature.

But remember, a patent doesn't stop anyone copying your invention. It just gives you the right to take legal action if they do.

Source(s): Inventor
  • Patent

If you have a VIABLE invention then it is a good idea to protect it.

Do you know about the Provisional Application for Patent? It only costs $65 and was designed by Congress to give individual inventors a chance at bringing their inventive ideas to market easily. It is SUPER EASY to do..

If a provisional application for patent looks like the right thing for you to do then take a look at a website that shows EXACTLY how to file one using a video format. Either Google or YouTube Provisional Patent Video or PM me and I will give you links to consider. I notice you do not have your email turned on in Yahoo or I would have sent it to you..

I do not want to put links in here because lawyers delete my posts when I do.. go figure! They do not want you to know how easy this is! You can email me at dave.korpi@gmail.com too if you want as well!

There are LOTS of ways to move forward with your invention. I would caution you away from paying ANYONE ANYTHING until you COMPLETELY understand what and when they will give you what you want.

DO NOT pay anyone $5,000 to start your invention... Not even invention companies until you COMPLETELY understand exactly what they will do for you. I have talked to way too many folks who have spent from $1800 to $5000 to get nothing.

Not to worry.. there are ways to get what you want ant YOU can do it yourself, for the most part, and it is fairly easy to do everything. Just know the USPTO is a branch of the Federal Government and the Federal government wants YOU to be a millionaire so you can pay taxes. Therefore, the Federal Government, via the USPTO, makes it EASY to file a Provisional Application for Patent. Extremely easy.

• John W

The entire purpose of a patent is to encourage people to be public with their inventions by granting them legal assurances to protect their interests. Full public disclosure is supposed to be a requirement for a patent.

• lumene

you may report extra patent purposes from the unique submitting (stated as continuation purposes) as long as you report them formerly your unique patent subjects. The patent workplace does not evaluate even in the adventure that your earnings would be harm. interior the continuation utility, you will could declare distinctive helpful factors. you may not merely placed up the comparable patent claims. talk with your lawyer approximately submitting continuations.