i need help with my insulin?

I cannot afford my insulin and I have no Insurance

• Jonah
    Favorite Answer

You can get a 1000 unit vial for $25 at Walmart. The only insulins you can get at this price are Regular (brand name Humulin R), NPH (brand name Humulin N), or a mixture of the two (Humulin 70/30). There is no good evidence that any of the shorter acting insulins are better than Regular, but NPH is associated with a lot more hypoglycemia than Lantus or Levemir. Still, they will certainly lower your blood sugar.

If you are seeing a doctor, you should be able to get insulin sent for free to your doctor for you. All three companies selling insulin in the United States- Eli Lilly, Novo Nordisk, and Sanofi Aventis- have patient assistance programs and two will give you free insulin if you make little enough money and have no insurance.

I was able to get help for my insulin through a company called Prescription Assistance 123. (rxassistance123.com) The name of the patient advocate that assisted me was Mark. I am on insulin (lantus and Humalog) He signed me up for the patient assistance program through the manufacture and it was a really simple process. I receive my medication every three months. I would recommend him and this company to anyone. His number is (888) 507-9123 or his direct number is (561) 288-9044. Thanks Mark and good luck to everyone

1

Source(s): 30 Days Diabetes Cure - http://DiabetesGoFar.com/?KYQk

Life style is often part of the issue. Life style changes now could delay or prevent you from getting diabetes later. Learn here https://tr.im/KfVg2

What you eat is not actually the cause of diabetes, but how you live can be. If you sit on the couch all day, your chances of developing diabetes goes up greatly.

Just do the best you can to not gain weight and to maintain an active life style and that will greatly help reduce some of your risks.

The Dr may be able to give you some vials or else the health care center of your sommunity may be able to help with funding

I use novolog and the cheapest I can find is $113.59 for one vial at Walgreens. Good luck!

Source(s): GoodRx.com