$1000 personal loan with bad credit?

So to cut this short, my credit is less than superb. I think it's like... 500 for credit bureaus. I got a PayPal Smart Connect account, and to say the least, I was paying rent at the same time and was not aware of the costs of having a credit line. Now I want to rebuild my credit now that I'm back on my... show more So to cut this short, my credit is less than superb. I think it's like... 500 for credit bureaus. I got a PayPal Smart Connect account, and to say the least, I was paying rent at the same time and was not aware of the costs of having a credit line. Now I want to rebuild my credit now that I'm back on my feet. Are there good loans out there for people with poor credit? I'm looking to take out no more than $1000 to pay back with my new job, but I don't want to be slammed with hidden policies or charges (no scams essentially). Any recommendations?
Update: Keep in mind $1000 is the max I want to take out. I'd be OK with $500, $200, even $100.