Why Yahoo Answers doesn't receive the same media attention as other social media sites?

Everybody are talking about Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Pinterest and other social networking sites but what about Yahoo Answers which in many ways bigger than some?

• Favorite Answer

This is how I think of it. On Y! Answers, no one really REALLY knows anyone. Also.... Not to be rude, but 99% of the questions on here can be answered if people just learned how to use Google...

Because this really isn't a social media site like the others are. I've read many questions and answers, but I don't have any sense of who the other writers are. Sometimes I can't even tell if they're a man or a woman. So although a lot of information and advice is exchanged here, there's almost nothing in the way of actual conversation.

• Duke

Yahoo been around too long. It's not the 90's anymore.

it's a question/answer site, not really the same as sites like Facebook or Twitter