Me.
Me. asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 7 years ago

HELP I need a book !!!!!!!?

Guys I am desperate for a new story/book ..... I'm 15 (a girl :P) I love to read sort of fantasy books and really need a new one, I read like a new book every second day and have re read eery book on my self at least 4 times. I've been reading fanfic online.

Books/Series I have already Read:

Vampire Academy <3

Twilight :)

Hunger Games

Mortal Instruments

Infernal Devices

Insider Series

Dark Visions

Ashes

Unearthly Trilogy (book 3 isn't out)

Immortals

Shiver Trilogy

Strange Angels

Fallen Series

and others on my kindle I cant think of ... O.o

So I would be eternally greatful if you had a new book, e-book (kindle) or fanfiction I could read, I am open to all genre's

@ The Opera Ghost ----- Thanks for telling me about The Wolves of Mercy Falls I always wondered what it was called.

THANKS EVERYONE I AM GOING TO TRY AND READ THEM ALL

Best Answer

You mentioned a couple from the dystopian genre - Hunger Games in particular. Most of your list has some dark themes. Below are some great, darker recent novels in the dystopian genre.

Blood Red Road (Dustlands Series) by Moira Young – 2012. In a post-apocalyptic future, 18-year-old Saba’s twin brother is stolen by black-clad riders. When tough-as-nails Saba launches a relentless search to recover him, she must fight for her life in gladiator cages, overcome enemies both creature and human, and learn to trust others for the first time. And try as she might, she can’t help but fall for the charming scoundrel Jack, who just may understand her more than she knows. The author tells Saba’s story in a raw first person format that blows you away.

The Shore of Monsters by David J. Nix – 2011. Five generations earlier, a horde of monsters nearly obliterated humanity. All males are dead or ruined by a monster plague; words like 'father' and 'romance' have lost meaning. When teenager Sky joins an expedition to the shore that falls apart, she must survive amongst the monsters that roam the ruins. She gets unexpected help from a very surprising source. Mystery, action, and romance follow!

Divergent by Veronica Roth – 2011. In a future dystopian Chicago, each 16-year old must choose to belong one of five factions, each of which represents a dominant personality trait. For most the choice is easy – simply follow the results an aptitude test. For Beatrice, however, the choice is not simple. Her test indicates three aptitudes. In addition to complicating her life, this fact makes her dangerous to the community for reasons she does not know. What she decides promises to put her in danger, and possibly tilt the entire balance of society.

Enclave by Ann Aguirre – 2011. In a shattered, post-apocalyptic world, 15-year old Deuce’s dream has come true. She has been named a Huntress, trusted by her community to brave the world outside of the sheltering tunnels and the threat of monstrous Freaks to bring meet to the tribe. The assignment is complicated by her pairing with the rebellious and handsome Fade, and a realization that the Freaks are growing more organized and cunning. Deuce and Fade must convince the tribal Elders of the imminent danger before it is too late.

The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan – 2010. Seven generations have passed since the Return, a plague that reanimates dead humans into creatures that feed on the living. Teenager Mary lives inside one of the last enclaves of uninfected, protected by a chain link fence that surrounds her village. When the fence is breached, Mary flees the village with a small band of survivors. Their flight toward an uncertain salvation is both harrowing and revealing, as they try to determine if they are humanity’s last hope.

Incarceron by Catherine Fisher – 2007. Incarceron is a prison so vast that it is self-sustaining. Generations of prisoners are born inside, doomed to a life in prison. The novel weaves two story lines: that of 17-year old Finn, who hopes to become only the second person to break out of the prison, and Claudia, the warden's daughter who hopes to escape an arranged marriage. When each discovers a crystal key, they find that they can communicate through the devices, and pledge to help one another. The story lines merge in a fantastic twist you won’t see coming.

Shipbreaker by Paolo Bacigalupi – 2010. In a near future of rising seas, no oil, and extreme poverty, a teenager works as a shipbreaker - one who salvages rusting ships for parts. When he finds a wrecked super-yacht after a storm, he thinks his days of poverty are over. However, he gets swept into an adventure when bad people come for the one survivor of the wreck - a rich, beautiful girl who owns the vessel.

Unwind by Neal Shusterman - 2009. In post-war future, the abortion debate has been solved through compromise. Parents may elect to have their teenage children "unwound", a process where the teens organs and body parts are harvested for others. The story follows three runaway Unwinds, each discarded for behavior, religious, or economic reasons. As the trio embarks on a harrowing journey of escape, the reader will ponder very heavy moral questions, and wrestle with how much a bad decision can affect future generations. This is a masterpiece on every level!

Ok!! Ok!! Domo Is Here To Save The Day!!:D I Currently Finished A Two Book Series Called: The Unseen By: Richie Cruisick, And There Are Two Books In Each One (Like A Bindup Youknow?:) So You Can Get Them From Walmart Or Eny Other Stores That Sells Books For Like At MOST $10 Or Less :) It Was A VERY Good AMizing Thrilling Read And I Loved It!:) Not 1 Second Was Boring Of It!:D I Rate The Series 5 Stars!!:)

Hope This Helped Happy Reading!!:)

Harry Potter

Evermore

To Kill A Mocking Bird

Percy Jackson Series

City of Bones

A Wrinkle In Time

The Host

Artemis Fowl

Inkheart Series

Marked

Matched

A Series of Unfortunate Events

The Truth About Forever

From The Mixed Up Files Of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler

I highly recommend all of these! Happy reading!

Source(s): I read more than the average amount of books an eighteen your old reads and I am under 11. Yes, I have waaaaay to much time on my hands.

I'm the same age and I've read some of the books you listed =). I love reading too and I hope this helps!

Darkest Powers Series by Kelley Armstrong

Tiger's Curse Series by Colleen Houck

Intertwined by Gena Showalter

House of Night Series by P.C and Kristin Cast(These okayy)

The Iron King by Julie Kagawa

Red Riding Hood by Sarah Blakely Cartwright

You can read a lot on Wattpad.com too.

First three are the best.^.^

These are the books I read (from your list):

The Twilight Saga

The Hunger Games Trilogy

Shiver Trilogy (it's called The Wolves of Mercy Falls Trilogy)

Fallen series

The ones I enjoyed:

Hunger Games Trilogy

The Wolves of Mercy Falls

Some of those on the list, I've never even heard of, and others, they seemed so cliche and stupid that I didn't want to read them. I do want to read Vampire Academy and Mortal Instruments, though!

Anyway, I've still read plenty of YA books that are really good. I don't know if you've heard of these or read them already, but here are the ones that changed my life after reading them and inspire me in my own work:

The Chemical Garden Trilogy -- This is a dystopian novel about the human race inflicted with man-made disease that kills all men at age 25 and all women at age 20. Because of this, buildings are in disrepair, and girls are kidnapped off the streets to become "brides" for wealthy men. The main character is Rhine, and she was kidnapped to become a bride. She dreams of being free from her bonds, but with mansion life being so much cozier and sweeter than the hard life on the streets, is it really so bad? The writing is so lyrical and good that it's easily one of the best books I've ever read. The first book is "Wither" by Lauren Destefano, and the trilogy is not complete yet.

The Bad Girls Don't Die Series -- This one is set in present-day, where a ghost is haunting the main character, Alexis, and possessing her little sister. It's not too scary, but it did keep me on the edge of my seat. I haven't read all the books in the series yet (on book 2 right now), but I really enjoyed the first one. The first is "Bad Girls Don't Die" by Katie Alender.

The Hush, Hush Saga -- Hush, Hush is set in present-day, and it's about angels. It's like Fallen, except a hundred times better. For one, the angel boyfriend, Patch, is mysterious and bad-A. It makes you wonder if he is whom he says he is. Does he really love Nora? Does he want to kill her? For another, it's completely unpredictable. You can't guess what's going to happen. Fast-paced and written very well, Hush, Hush is my favorite angel series. The first book is "Hush, Hush" by Becca Fitzpatrick, and the fourth book has yet to come out.

The Dark Powers Trilogy - I like this one because it is unique to itself and realistic, despite the magic used in it. It's about a necromancer named Chloe who is taken from her everyday life and put in a psychiatric hospital with other teenage patients. A necromancer is someone who can raise and control the dead. It's interesting that she has this power because Chloe is a cowardly girl. Anyway, strange things begin occuring with the other teens in the ward. There's a girl name Liz who's convinced she's being haunted by a poltergeist, a girl addicted to fire, a boy who broke a kid's back, and a seemingly normal boy who knows more than he seems. The trilogy is so good that I can't even describe it, and it is highly recommended. The first book is "The Summoning" by Kelley Armstrong.

Also, do NOT read any of the books in The House of Night series. They're terrible! (My opinion, anyway.)

• Eragon books= fantastic!!

Lord of the Rings

Narnia

A walk to remember is probably one of my absolute favorite books! I could read that like 10 times and never get tired of it!

Ted Dekker Circle series- black, red, white and green

Source(s): I am 15 too :)
  • Bill

I don't see them, but I'm guessing you've read the Harry Potters??

Although they are 75 years old, The Hobbit & the Lord Of The Rings books are good reads.

Another oldie but goodie is Peter Pan & Wendy, I read it at your age & could not put it down.

And finally - Lion, the Witch & the Wardrobe series. Again these are all older, but I'm guessing you haven't read them.

PS - Good for you for reading so much!!!!!!

I think you've exhausted the pop-sci stash - time to specialize. Check out Clive Barker, Dune or The Culture.

13 reasons why - Jay asher

deffs try that one...and if you want to read fanfic sorts of stuff try wattpad.com or missliterati.com :)

Source(s): nice to know someone reads as much as i do :)