Is it popular in today's society to hate Christians and their beliefs?

I believe that everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Insulting people for believing on what they think is right is just wrong.

Almost every question here in R/S section has some user mocking Christians and the Bible, making them look retarded (sorry for the use of the word) or worse. When atheists generalize about Christians by saying all of them are ignorant, it's alright, but God forbid it's the other way around.

Christians don't try to convert when they preach. They preach to spread what they believe is right. Most people find that annoying but isn't ignoring them enough?

No matter what people say, Christians today have it worse. I understand that this wasn't the case long ago, that atheists were on the receiving end of the persecution, but that was long ago, and to hate today's Christians for the mistakes that other people made centuries ago is wrong, especially since atheist claim to be the more tolerant, more respectful, than Christians.

Is the hating just a trend or are people really this cruel?

• Adnama
    Favorite Answer

For every anti-Christian post on here, there is an equally hateful anti-atheist post. I think that Christians often bring mockery on themselves by rejecting modern science and appealing to the Bible as a source when debating with people who do not accept the Bible. I am a Christian, but I'm sad to say that Christians usually get what they deserve. God gave us brains for a reason, and I suggest more Christians start using them.

I don't hate Christians. I do, however hate some of the things that some people (not only Christians) do in the name of their beliefs.

I hate people saying that their group is being persecuted while at the same time ignoring the way that group treats others. I mean seriously, have you seen some of the $@&* Christians say about atheists here?

I also hate people crying about how a group that makes up the vast majority of the society they live in is some sort of oppressed minority. There are places in the world where someone could be arrested and perhaps tortured or killed simply for being Christian. If you actually live in one of those places, THEN you get to play the victim card. But I'm guessing you don't. I'm guessing you actually live in a place where Christians make up well over two thirds of the population, and openly admitting to being anything else would make your life harder to some degree.

• Zexion

What rock do you live under? I have some dynamite to put around it.

Christians do not have it worse; they are forbidding homosexuals from gaining legal unions under the law, they are making it hard to receive contraception and refuse the woman's right to choice, they go to other countries to proselytize to the poor, they are the majority in the country, etc etc etc.

Just because atheists make fun of Christians on the Internet doesn't mean that Christians have it worse; when you are the majority and claim to be the one being persecuted, your point tends to fail, badly.

Source(s): In other words, don't give me that bullshit.

I find it very strange that athiests spend so much time browsing religous and spirituality themed sites. I as a christian don't search out non-believer sites to blurb about doom and gloom theories, or even to mock them. have you ever heard the saying "thou does protest too much?" It just seems a little strange like they troll these sites looking for an opportunity to spew thier beliefs or discredit christian beliefs, but sometimes i wonder if they are searching for something they can't find. Just maybe they don't understand the deffinition of faith, believing in what you can't see or touch....And as i have always said if I am wrong, big deal i spent a lifetime loving others and trying to do right, if they are wrong....well you fill in the blanks.

There seems to be a trend heading towards this way of reasoning, but the same question could be asked if you changed Christians to Atheists. Though, if you did this, you would not get as diverse a response from answerers; instead, it would be nigh on one sided.

The sad thing is that hearts have become so callous and hardened that people don't see mocking, scorning and unkindness for what it is. This time period was prophesied. Although the words apply to the church, they also apply to society as well.

2 Timothy 3:1-5

New International Version (NIV)

3 But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. 2 People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3 without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, 4 treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people.

This is the internet.

In real life, Christians are still the vast majority. Almost every President has been an avowed Christian. While there are some books portraying Christianity in an unflattering light, the mainstream media wouldn't dare talk **** about Jesus.

It is not popular in today's society to hate Christians and their beliefs.

You have *no* idea what persecution is if you think insults on an Internet website is persecution. I've been insulted and ridiculed and read all sorts of horrible comments about atheists on this website, but I would never call that "persecution."

Christians like to force their beliefs onto others. My gay friends are not allowed to marry because the Christians think it's immoral, so they project their beliefs when they vote, taking away my friends' freedoms. You can believe in the divinity of Christ all you want I don't care; but when you suppress freedoms, expect to be hated. I don't want to be controlled by Christian morals.

Well the definition of ignorance is being wrong despite having all opportunities to learn.

Being Christian sounds like the very definition.

Ignorance is something people have to enter into willingly, you have a choice, therefore "ignorant" is a valid adjective.