Guild wars 2 pre-purchase?

last night i pre-ordered guildwars 2 from Gamestop, and i called them today and they said the 3day early acess thing was limited and only for people who bought collectors editions. is this true? they're site says pre-purchase now and get 3days early, is this still in effect?

I assume you're talking about Gamestop US (because it may be different in other countries). If it's US, then that person at Gamestop is definitely wrong. Gamestop definitely offers pre-purchase of the Standard Edition, and they should do so right up until launch of the game. Note that you do have to pre-purchase (pay in full right away) and not pre-order (downpayment) to get the pre-purchase code (with 3-day headstart access and with access to the next beta weekend, July 20-22).

But I have seen several cases where the people at Gamestop didn't appear to be all too well informed and were offering incorrect info regarding GW2 Pre-purchase. If you did pay in full and you didn't get the pre-purchase code on your receipt, then I recommend contacting Gamestop customer support, and finding someone who knows about the situation (if needed, ask for the manager). They should be able to provide you with a pre-purchase code.

If all else fails, cancel your order at Gamestop and purchase the digital edition from the official website (https://buy.guildwars2.com) instead... then you're guaranteed to get your pre-purchase code right away.

• Dawn

Whoever you spoke to at GameStop was not well informed. A prepurchase of GW2, any edition, permits beta and 3 day headstart access. You do, however, have to fully pay for the game. A preorder won't do it, as the game has not been completely paid for yet.

If you paid for the game in full, I would suggest talking to someone else at GameStop until get someone who knows the above info. If you haven't fully paid for it yet, do so and you should get an access code.

Your final option would be to cancel your order with GameStop and buy direct from ArenaNet at www.guildwars2.com.

Sorry but I think you made the same mistake I did.

From what I have understood, Gamestop does not offer the head start and beta-weekends unless you buy the collectors edition.

To avoid any inconvenience, I suggest you pre-order the game from the main site. It's certainly not a lot more expensive and you'll be sure to get what you want.

Source(s): Anticipating the game myself.

If you pre-purchase the game online from the main site, GuildWars2.com you get the 3 day early access, an exclusive in-game item, and beta access. Not sure if Gamestop has this.. I would go back and cancel the pre-order and do it online from the Guild Wars 2 site.

Source(s): guildwars2.com I pre-purchased the game online.