Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 8 years ago

Are Republicans correct ? Is the Internal Revenue Service just like the Gestapo?

I dont know much about history before 2008,

Did the Gestapo collect taxes ?

they sound terrible.

http://news.yahoo.com/gestapo-maine-gov-blasts-mas...

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

No. Republicans are almost never correct. They're just too selfish to understand the concept of civilization, where we help one another.

##

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 8 years ago

Define taxes. Very little actually is a tax, but if the government calls it a tax, they can get away with passing the legislation. This is what happened with the recent healthcare bill in the Supreme Court. Obama tried to sell it to the people by saying it was "not a tax". However, this turned out to be UnConstitutional. The only way the Supreme Court could say it was legal to force this "insurance" on people was to call it a tax. Once this boundary between tax and insurance is crossed, the government is free to do whatever they want because they can just call it a tax. Either Obama lied to us all about the healthcare bill, or the Supreme Court knowingly passed something that was unconstitutional.

As for your question, yes, the two are similar, and yes, "taxes" were charged to get away with doing something that wasn't actually legal.

But are Republicans always correct? Well, Democrats are the older party. For the first several decades Democrats were freedom and liberty minded individuals. This changed, however, around the time of Andrew Jackson, and the Republican party was born (named so because they believed in the original republic America was). Abraham Lincoln was the first Republican President. Nowadays, there are some people who call themselves republican, who actually share the political values of the democrats. And vice versa. The difference is not between Democrats and Republicans, but between liberals and conservatives. Conservatives believe in a government by the people, for the people, and liberals in a government that rules the people. Like a 14-year-old girl told me recently: when the people fear the government, you have tyranny; when the government fears the people, you have liberty. In other words, the moment the government doesn't give us a choice in the matter, such as not being allowed to opt out of a government health program, we are no longer a completely free and just country of liberty, but we have become a dictatorship, ever more becoming a monarchy. To give you a historical perspective, the last time our country was burdened by a tax from a governing body we could not control, it resulted in a Declaration of Independence and a Revolutionary War.

It's not about one political party being right and another wrong. It's about what freedom actually is, and preserving it. I have no problem with the government running programs. I have a problem with them telling me I have to participate in them.

This is a non-biased explanation of the situation, as I am neither Republican or Democrat. I am an independent. But I can tell you this: Democrats actually believe that a ruling government = freedom, and Republicans actually believe that a government in the control of the people who created it = freedom. Republicans don't dislike Democrats; they only dislike the political values that most Democrats seem to stand for. Make sense?

I'll leave you with an excerpt from our own Declaration of Independence:

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."

God Bless You!

• 8 years ago

no trial by the court with a jury of your peers

just fines and interest and penalties

Property seizure and confiscation

Leans

yup it fits. the only ones that get trial are high profile tax evaders like Willie Nelson to strike fear in the rest of us...to comply with the orders of the unlawful seizure of property.

The last line of the 5th Amendment outlaws the IRS and the Federal Government's redistribution of wealth.

Remember it is your wages, you earned them, not the government.

nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation...what "just compensation" is giving money to GM, Chrysler, Welfare baby mamas,

Where is my "just compensation"?

Source(s): Whiskey
  • 8 years ago

The man's comments are contemptible.

He still has the right to say them.

And we have the right to respond.

Nazi Germany was in a class by itself.

HOWEVER, it never hurts for people to look into the relationship between the IRS and the government proper.

Educate yourselves on all sides, folks.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

Sure, it collects taxes, including from the rich.

Taxes are the price of civilization.

Dont wana pay?

Move to Somalia.

• 8 years ago

I always thought of the BATF as being more like the Gestapo.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

America: Freedom to Fascism

WATCH IT!

• 8 years ago

No.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.