Jim asked in Beauty & StyleMakeup · 8 years ago

experts on fake colognes?

Hi... i recently purchased green irish tweed by Creed from fragrance net.com about 5 days ago. everything about the cologne looks legit except it says Toilet water PGS on the back. i was under the impression that green irish tweed was eau de parfum. anyway the cologne smells good for like 30 minutes or so and then it just fades away. i was expecting this cologne to last for at least 6 to 8 hours since i paid about 160 dollars for it. My bottle also does not have serial number on the bottom lip like creed's bottle i have seen in the past, but it does have some number on the back right next to where it says toilet water pgs A02---- . is there like a for sure way to tell if my bottle is legit. i really really like the smell and just want it to last longer. i will appreciate if you can give a me point or two about the "legality" of the scent/ bottle etc. thank you

Favorite Answer

Eau de Toilette is actually a stronger type of perfume on a scale (Eau de Perfume, Eau de Toilette and Eau de Cologne), so that does make sense to me.

Anyway, without actually seeing the bottle, it's hard to tell if it's fake or not. Have you tried to compare it with fairly high resoluted pictures so that you can see the text? That could lead you to an answer.

Major sites selling fake perfumes without saying it are generally rare, and they're usually caught soon enough.

Good luck!