Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesHonda · 7 years ago

2003 honda accord starting issues?

I have a 2003 honda accord dx with 154000 miles. I tried started my car today after not driving it for 3 days now and my car had troubles starting. When I turned my key to start the car nothing happens but my dash lights flicker after trying this three times this morning it finally started. Did some errands turn of my car and turn it back on just fine. But when I went to school from 12 - 9:50pm I tried to turn my car on to go home and it did it again; wouldn't start and dash lights flickered at the same time. After turning the key a few times it started. I backed my car out and started driving my car and it was shaking alot. I turned off my car and turned it back on with no problems and I decided to drive around the school parking lot to make sure the it wouldn't stall but it was still shaking when i stop. after driving around the school parking lot for 10 minutes stoping and going my car didn't shake no more and drove fine. Can anyone give me some insite to whats wrong? I dont want to drive my car and make it worse. plz and thank you

Best Answer

The car not starting and dash flickering, sounds like that could be a battery going bad.

What I have done in the past, if the battery is almost dead, is to turn off the A/C, radio, and buckle up (so no sensor beeping), and close the door. Wait until everything's ready, and turn it on at once.

The real way to fix this problem, is either change out the battery, or if the battery can be salvaged, take it to a place and get it recharged. But typically, if the battery goes almost dead, something's not right, as the battery isn't recharging itself.

The car shaking, sounds like you may have a few cylinders not firing. When was the last time you changed out the spark plugs? If you haven't, that could help.

Any other issues will need some professional diagnostic device to figure out what the problem is.

If you're handy, you can try buying an OBD II reader from Amazon. Plenty of models for cheap. That'll give you an error code that you can figure out what to change or fix. Not the best thing if you can't change out spark plugs yourself or other small mechanical issues, though.

Source(s): 2003 Accord EX owner, with 114K