Anonymous

Im afraid I commited blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. ?

Hello my name is Aaron, I received the Baptism of the Holy Spirit about two years ago. However, I have made a lot of bad decistions and been in a lot of backsliding conditions. I really want to know God and spread the Gospel, but I feel so ashamed and afraid that I commited the unpardonable sin, and my guilt just won't go away... I am really scared for my soul, I really hope that God can forgive me and refill me with the life of his Holy Spirit. I have been so depressed and fearful concerning this matter. If you are a Christian and have the holy Goast can you please interceded for me and ask God if there is any hope for me? And if so what do I need to do to overcome this guilt of shame.

Best Answer

Sounds more like you are having a hard time just being human. Maybe you just can't accept who you really are. I can't speak for all the different " mine is right, yours is wrong" gods that people claim as the only one true, blah, blah,blahs on here. But, what I feel from what I refer to as my god, is accepting what you have done and move on. If it harmed another or yourself, stop the behaviors. A spirit that is titled The Holy Spirit couldn't leave you. However it manifests inside you is how it is. Teach compassion and love, save the other guilt and shame crap for people who enjoy having miserable lives. What a wasted gift from God, but that's my opinion. Everyone has a path....

The sin against the Holy Spirit mentioned in the Bible is the rejection of God's forgiveness. The only sin that is unforgivable is refusing to be forgiven. You sound like you are truly sorry, and want that forgiveness, and desperately want to move on. It's actually really easy. Just go talk to a Catholic priest. He can grant you God's forgiveness, and then, all done! It really is that simple, and you'll feel so much better afterwards, and they keep confidentiality NO MATTER WHAT.

• Tom

Change religions--Dump the literalistic Fundy sect you belong to and become a METHODIST. We are still Christians too, but have a more healthy and studied attitude towards God and the Scriptures.

Remember, Paul Himself said that there is NO one "true" Christian church--different people honor God differently--Just as long as they teach "Christ Crucified" it is "Christian"--the different details don't matter(see Corinthians and Romans)

We do not depend on how some MAN interpreted the Scriptures in the 17th Century, we read and interpret scriptures for ourselves--under guidance of course. We have the "Wesleyan Quadrilateral" to guide us in our scriptural interpretations, so we don't go off the deep end and end up believing all sorts of crazy , screwball stuff.

In the quadrilateral, we use Scripture(the words themselves), Tradition(what has been believed over the decades) Reason(common sense and knowledge of God--would he really do this?) and Experience (how have you seen God do his works)

Part of the Lesson of Christianity is that EVERY SIN is forgivable--Jesus says so. That Part about there being an "unforgivable sin" is an apparent conflict--Perhaps it was INTERPRETED incorrectly OR, most likely, the definition of just what IS the "Blasphemy" has been misinterpreted. Remember, you cannot "sin" without full intent.

Source(s): Theology

You're far too young and ignorant to understand anything I could possibly tell you so I'll simplify it... There is no "God/ Gods", what you're worshiping is an image that has been skewed off of the facts for thousands of years at least. All ancient religious deities are falsely labeled "Gods", they're actually just beings, creatures from other planets that visited earth when humans were developing and just starting to grasp intellect. They brought various technologies, agricultural methods, early but advanced science... There's been evidence to support all of this, however nothing supports your idea of a magical zombie Jewish Muslim "God". Look up the information yourself, don't just buy into what everyone has brainwashed you to believe, use some common sense. And as for the moron that insulted Hitler, he was a brilliant man that wanted a perfect race, he just went about it the wrong way...

You feel like your backsliding because you're following a belief system which vilifies almost every natural human trait. If you want to overcome your guilt and shame, you need to realize that you are trying to hold yourself up to standards that aren't reasonable. What you're feeling is common among believers, who feel like they are going to be doomed to hell for some imaginary sleight against an imaginary deity. You may be much happier just living your life for you; you only have one life, why would you waste it trying to be something that you can never be?

• Leah

I don't know your life. But I'm a christian and want to live for God to the fullest but I've made bad decisions in my life as well. God is a forgiving God he forgives us. We. Sometimes we do things that we shouldn't but as long as we are alive we can fix it. When you deny the Lord and say you don't believe after your known him and felt him I think that's blasphemy. I will pray for you and ask your pastor to pray for you too. Ask God for forgivness. That's all you can do.

• Dan

If you are a son of God (which we all are) then their is no need to worry about your salvation. Just like a father cannot stay mad at his kids god is forgiving. Remember he sacrificed his son so that we can be forgiven, all you need to do is forgive yourself and live your life the way Jesus did... with love for all man.

To overcome this guilt of shame you should become an atheist. Atheists do not need to feel depressed and fearful thinking that some imaginary god is angry with them.

So ditch the sky fairy beliefs and stop worrying about nothing.

Weve all done things were not proud of but If u r truly sorry god will forgive u. And it seems like you are truly sorry maybe you could go to confession or church.

Source(s): My experiences

it's only been 2 years. Look at what hitlers done and it was 8 years later since he suffered a horrible, humiliatingg death. You've still got like 6 more years, don't worry.