Reggie Jackson told to stay away from Yankees indefinitely. your thoughts plus story inside.->?

Report: Yankees bar Reggie Jackson from team events

Reggie Jackson sent a strong message with comments that appeared in Sports Illustrated last week and publicly apologized for disparaging third baseman Alex Rodriguez. Apparently, that wasn't enough.

Jackson was told to stay away from team events last week according to ESPN's Buster Olney, who said Jackson wasn't with the team as per usual for the four-game series completed Sunday at Fenway Park in Boston. Jackson is a special adviser to senior management with the Yankees, but the Hall of Famer isn't currently welcome.

"He's trying to rectify everything," Yankees manager Joe Girardi said over the weekend.

Jackson told the magazine that A-Rod's 642 career homers have to be called into question because of the slugger's admitted use performance-enhancing drugs.

"Al's a very good friend," Jackson told SI. "But I think there are real questions about his numbers. As much as I like him, what he admitted about his usage does cloud some of his records."

Rodriguez joked with reporters, saying, "With friends like that, who needs enemies?"

• Lefty
    Favorite Answer

He was right about A-Rod but needs to keep that to himself. he was wrong about Carter though.

I don't get what the big deal is. It's not like this isn't common knowledge that he used during parts of his career and why he is now no longer the elite player he used to be. I applaud Reggie for this, because of what Rodriguez has done to hurt the game his whole career, both with using steroids as well as his absolute garbage personality off field. I can understand why Reggie wouldn't want Rodriguez to join him in the Hall thanks to a syringe while Reggie actually worked for it. I'd do the same thing, regardless of who it is. A user is a user, and they're no good for the game

As a Red Sox fan, I crave dysfunction in the Yankees' clubhouse. It has been missing in a meaningful way since George passed.

Oh the memories of Billy and Reggie, George and Reggie, George and Billy. And order Cashman another gross of Alka Seltzer while you're at it.

It sounds like he just needs to zip his mouth. I don't blame the Yankees at this point. You don't knock the team that employs u and their players or staff. He just needs to keep those thoughts to himself. He does have a tendency to shoot off his mouth at the wrong time even in the past. I have gotten so I don't put much stock into what he says.

• Mrs H

While he works for the Yankees he should keep his mouth shut.

I agree with Rodriguez,lol

Not right to do so but he's right though about one thing, 642 subtract around 200 = Arod's real HR number

It is pretty classless. If he is part of the Yankees, and Rodriguez so called friend, he shouldn't be going around bashing him. Even if it is true, it is pretty low to go bashing someones career, especially a friend.

Jackson has never learned to keep his mouth shut. I can understand that he feels that way about a player who has cheated, but don't do an interview nationally.

• Chaos

Don't forget to mention his little knock towards Gary Carter, who died a couple of months ago. Talk about bad timing.

reggie always had a big mouth. but, like charles barkley, the guy is usually right

ban the roiders