George W. Bush as president survey ?
1. What do you think of George W. Bush as president?
2. Do you think he did a good job or a bad job?
3. Why; list reasons why you think he was a great / awful president
My best answer will be chosen upon who has the most valid reasons
- viablerenewablesLv 78 years agoFavorite Answer
Bush inherited a recession & turned it around. If Clinton had honored senior Bush's pledge to the Iraqis Bush 2 would never of had to go into Iraq. Bush was too compassionate. He was/is pro the USA. He has more Class than Obama or Carter. He doesn't appear that he believed he show be treated like Royalty. He didn't do a good job in selling what he did do.
Obama is a better Con Artist.
- JesusLv 48 years ago
1. Worst president in a while
2. He couldn't have done much worse
3. He managed to take a great time of prosperity and turn the middle class and lower class into one larger lower class, while making the rich richer through tax cuts. And this genius thought it would be a great idea to increase spending radically while lowering revenue. He handled all disasters terribly. The Patriot Act is ridiculous. Two unnessicay wars. He lied multiple times to the Anerican people. He is technically a war criminal. And lastly, he left office with a bang by having 700,000 Americans a month losing jobs.
Other then that, I'm sure he's a nice guy to have a beer and watch football with.
- bobLv 78 years ago
He left office with a 20% approval rating. He hasn't done anything to improve that.
In chronological order (somewhat)
Inherited a budget surplus, lowered taxes and spent the surplus ending by doubling the national debt
Was aslleep at the switch and ignored warnings from terrorism experts and gave us 9/11
Quickly squandered the political capital he gained after the 9/11 attacks through partisan politicing
Brought us the greatest attack on Constitutional rights in history with his "Patriot" Act
Avoided oversight on banks so that he could brag about the increases in home ownership which didn't end well
Started to unnecessary, counter productive, expensive, unpaid for wars
Gave us Medicare Part D that increased the cost of medication for seniors and enriched the drug companies
Destroyed much of the good will around the world by bullying allies into supporting his military wet dreams
Left office with the economy in shambles... A recession that had been more than a year long, Stock market had lost 30% and was declining rapidly, Unemployment had doubled and was raising rapidly, we had the highest foreclosure rates and the highest bank failure rates since the Great Depression
but don't trust me. historians rate him in the bottom ten of all our presidents!
EDIT: For all you brain-dead conservatives. Bush did not inherit a recession. the first Bush recession began after he tppk office and after he cut taxes. How bad was Bush? A couple of answers include Afthanistan and Katrina as his "successes!"
- Anonymous8 years ago
1. Worst ever by far.
2. 9-11, War based on lies, Major Combat Operations in Iraq Have Ended (May. 1, 2003)., Banking collapse, $150/bbl crude oil, 10 million subpoenaed documents illegally stored and deliberately destroyed.
3. See #2
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- StephenGLv 78 years ago
1 the worst
2 extremely bad
3. war criminal
- Anonymous8 years ago
Lowered taxes and had the economy turned around from the Clinton recession.
Then 9-11 he ordered the troops into Afghanistan and ran alQuida into the caves of Pakistan. The Afghanistan people are now free to vote.
He had intelligence that Iraq had WOMD (which were found but very small amounts) and Sadaam refused UN inspectors after many, many attempts. He invaded and conquered the Iraqi army in short order and liberated a second country and now they are free to vote.
Iraq was accused of training terrorist and they found evidence to prove that accusation.
Bush sent money and medical people to Africa to help with the Aids epidemic.
Bush helped Indonesia after their title wave.
What wasn't Bushes fault:
Katerina was the fault of the La and NO government because they refused to allow FEMA into New Orleans. Mississippi allowed FEMA into their area and were rescued immediately.
The Louisiana govener also refuse to allow the Red Cross, The Salvation Army and other helpful organization into NO.
Bush went to the democratic congress 18 times to tell them about the mortgage crises and they called him a racist and the media looked the other way.
The bail outs were a major mistake.
Not pushing to get Federal Judges appointed.
Not taking the mortgage crises to the American people.
Not doing more to countries that were helping supply men into Iraq and Afghanistan. Those terrorist are still infiltrating into those countries mainly from Iran.
Not being conservative enough and allowing congress to push him around.
Not fixing Walter reed Hosp fast enough.
Not drilling for new oil here in America.
That is the jest of your question, I hope that answers your question.
- Lloyd JLv 68 years ago
Bush was 10 times better than Obama
- 8 years ago
george w bush is a closet f#ggot
& if you want to know about his dad, look up the Franklin Cover Up
- 8 years ago
No he was a puppet for central bankers as is obama but Obama is 10x worse