Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 9 years ago

Do you need to get brown hair bleached before getting part of it dyed red velvet red?

I'm looking into getting a thick strip of red velvet red in the back, under most of my hair (so you can only see it when it's up in a ponytail). I was just wondering if I needed to get it bleached before it gets dyed, because I know it's bad for your hair. I was just thinking that because it's such a dark red, it might not need to get bleached. Thanks in advance.

-Jilly :)

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Nope^.^ Thank you for answering my question!!!! :D

• 9 years ago

I've got brown hair naturally, but I went dark red several years ago. I decided I wanted brown again and I swear I can't get the red to completely leave! So, in my instance and experience ...NO you don't need to bleach first.

• 9 years ago

No, you don't have 2 :)

• 9 years ago

Yes you have to bleach out the part you want dyed first. it is hard on hair. But it looks good.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

the 1st one is greater of a reddish brown however the 2nd is greater of a blondish reddish form of shade. So i think of the 1st one in case you decide on your skin shade to stand out greater :) Btw, you are able to no longer dye it in case you have needless to say pink hair!

• 9 years ago

Yeah I think you do

• 9 years ago

no you dont have to bleach it

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

No

Source(s): Myself
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.