For the Fiance Visa in America I have a question?Please help!!!?

For the Fiance Visa in America I have a question?

I am the petitioner and a us citizen for a fiance visa. My fiance is the foreigner. Do I have to show financial support to get approved or can the foreign fiance show they have income? I am confused. I do not want to be locked down in a situation if something does not work out. I posted a question earlier and if the petitioner signs this document it carries much financial responsibility which I do not want.

I am now wondering what is the best option? I am new to this whole immigration process. Also, my foreign fiance told me he has an uncle living in the US. Can his uncle help him enter the US through immigration instead of me? I think this would be a better option.Please help!!!!!

Thank you tons!!!

I found this information. So, I guess his uncle an do this for him.

http://www.uscis.gov/USCIS/Resources/F3en.pdf

If you still cannot meet the financial qualifications, another person must complete a separate affidavit of support to become a joint financial sponsor of the person’s immigration. The joint sponsor must meet all sponsorship requirements separately, including the minimum income requirements for his or her household, and must be willing to assume, along with you, financial liability for the sponsored immigrant(s).

All sponsors must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents, be at least 18 years old, and be living in the United States (including territories and possessions) when they file the affidavit of support.

Favorite Answer

the uncle is no help at all

yes of course you have to provide an affidavit of support

you need to earn a minumum $19K a year

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1flow

getting a co sponsor is difficult nobody wants that over their head

you are even worse off you still have to sponsor even if you get divorced

You or somebody else needs to be a financial sponsor for the fiance visa and also for the greencard. You also will have to sponsor your spouse for a greencard after you get married on the fiance visa.

If you are unable to meet the income requirement (100% of poverty limit for fiance visa and 125% for greencard), then maybe the uncle is able to help as a financial cosponsor.

If you are unwilling to be a financial sponsor you shouldn't get married.

You are required to be a financial sponsor, the primary, whether you have the income or not. Without the income you need a co-sponsor. It makes no difference if you like it or not or desire to be the primary sponsor or not. It's the law. Your only choice is to follow through and get married or forget the whole idea and not get married.

Divorce cancels nothing.

• Jan

His uncle is not an immediate family member, he cannot petition for him.

If you petition for your fiance, you are responsible for his support. This continues until he becomes a citizen, works and pays into SS for at least 10 years, leaves the country permanently or dies. Even if you divorce, you are still responsible for his support until one of those conditions applies.

If you aren't willing to take the financial risk, then don't get married.

???Do I have to show financial support to get approved or can the foreign fiance show they have income?

The foreign fiance's income is not used. Your income is.

Fred Wahl

Matchmaker