Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 8 years ago

Is it normal for a 22 year old female to masturbate this often?

I'm a 22 year old female, and I masturbate multiple times a day, which I have been doing for several years now. I average about three times a day during the week and probably closer to 6 times a day on the weekends. I come from a very conservative background, and because of that influence I am still a virgin, and am too embarrassed to ask anyone I know if this is normal. Is this odd? Do I just have a typical sex drive or a really high one? Whats normal?

Favorite Answer

Your sex drive does seem quite a bit higher compared to other women your age. According to The Janus Report on Sexual Behavior (Samuel S. Janus and Cynthia L. Janus; John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 1993), based on a large-scale, nationwide survey of adult Americans ages 18 and up conducted between 1983 and 1992, 10 percent of women reported masturbating frequently (several times weekly or daily) vs. 25 percent of men. Similarly, 38 percent of women reported masturbating on a regular basis (monthly to daily) in comparison to 55 percent of men.

These numbers may seem to indicate that there exists some "normal" range of masturbation frequency, however this is not entirely accurate. From a psychological standpoint, "normal" is usually relative, not absolute. What might be high for one person may be low for another. In order to assess whether or not you have an actual problem with masturbation, you must consider the degree to which it affects your behavior in other parts of your life. If masturbating is getting in the way of your ability to connect to other people and thrive in the outside world, then you might have a problem that does require behavioral modification therapies. However, if you are not significantly impaired on a physical, emotional, social, or spiritual level, then you're perfectly fine.

Source(s): I'm a neuropsychology student. (male, also 22) http://goaskalice.columbia.edu/masturbating-stats-...

Yeah, especially since you come from a sexually repressive background. It's natural that you would resist that repression by masturbating a lot. Some people from such backgrounds end up craving really kinky sex in later life.

So don't feel odd, and ultimately sex is totally natural and hurts no one. In fact it does the opposite, provides great pleasure of many. Do what you want, **** what other people do. Sure most people are morons anyway.

• Bob

yes your normal i have some female friends that perfer to orgasm 6 times an hour so your prettyy mild mannered