R asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 7 years ago

Is it true that yolo (you only live once)?

If so, what does it mean to you that yolo?

If not, what does the concept of yolo mean to you?

If you aren't sure, what are your thoughts on the idea of yolo?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Best Answer

4 questions here:

IS IT TRUE THAT YOLO?

The answer is I don't know, some people believe yes you only live once, others believe that there is life after death, these tend to be the more religous people. But one thing is for sure until someone experiences death and somehow comes back to tell of their findings, we as human beings have no way of knowing what happens once the heart stops pumping blood around our bodies.

WHAT DOES YOLO MEAN TO YOU?

It simply means, do not be too safe, take risks. The originator of this now popular quote is quite young hence he wanted to convey the kind of restraint free lifestyle he leads. YOLO means do the unexpected.

WHAT DOES THE CONCEPT OF YOLO MEAN TO YOU?

It is very much the concept of risk taking, no matter what the outcome is. It implies death is the very worst result, which isn't even that bad because you'll never return to face the consequences. It is a very dangerous concept for an entire society to take on. Luckily it is being treated as a joke, and is only really having an impact on teenagers and young people in general.

WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON THE IDEA OF YOLO?

I really don't give it that much credibility, no more than all the other generic cliches I know. It is merely an encouragment to be wreckless.

• 7 years ago

Yolo is just an excuse so people can do stupid things. We all know we only live once, unless you believe in reincarnation. It's just another overused catchphrase people use to express doing something idiotic because, you know, yolo. This will fade away just like "swag" did. (:

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.