Question For Atheists?

Atheism is most commonly understood as being directed at the idea of an omniscient, omnipotent, permanent, independent, unique agent that is the cause of the cosmos, but would you accept any notion of a god?
say a polytheistic model, or the Buddhist model?
Update: I am asking because I am having this discussion at present and I believe if an atheist accepted any god notion (including Buddhist) and do not lack belief therein they would not be an atheist!
Update 2: as a couple of people have mentioned this I will comment, I did not say the Buddha was a god, he says this himself when questioned just after his enlightenment. There are gods in Buddhism, Brahma is there, sahampati, sacca, just off the top of my head) are all Devas (pali for god) found in Buddhism, they are not... show more as a couple of people have mentioned this I will comment,
I did not say the Buddha was a god, he says this himself when questioned just after his enlightenment.
There are gods in Buddhism, Brahma is there, sahampati, sacca, just off the top of my head) are all Devas (pali for god) found in Buddhism, they are not exactly the same as those of other traditions as they are subject to rebirth, not omnipotent, or omniscent... but they are there.