How do I get rid of termites in my house and garden once and for all?

I've been having these termite problems for over two months. First they just appeared in the garden, as I saw them building a large mound near the fence. I took some gasoline and put the mound on fire in order to destroy the pests before they reach the house. But my plan failed, as two weeks later thousands of... show more I've been having these termite problems for over two months. First they just appeared in the garden, as I saw them building a large mound near the fence. I took some gasoline and put the mound on fire in order to destroy the pests before they reach the house. But my plan failed, as two weeks later thousands of termites were crawling on the ceiling. I sprayed them with some bug killer spray, hoping that would put an end to their invasion. In the following weeks, however, I was forced to watch these insects drilling holes in my fence, crawling around the attic, eat flowers and vegetables in the garden, swarming on every piece of food I accidentally leave on the table or in the garden, and even damage the garden midgets. I tried everything: splashing them with boiling water, setting poisonous traps, using airsoft balls, pepper spray, tons of insecticide and gasoline mixed together... the list is endless and there is absolutely no way I can kill these things. And about three weeks ago I made a terrible mistake. Some idiot said on a forum that the best way to get rid of termites is to populate your garden with ants and let them kill the termites. So I took every ant I could find and in two weeks my garden was crawling with ants. The only problem was, they didn't kill the termites, but started an invasion of their own, attacking food and furniture in the house. Now I want them both wiped out, and to be honest, I don't want to pay for professional help as they're really expensive in the area where I live and I don't have a lot of money at this moment. So if there's any way to destroy the ants and termites permanently without spending too much cash, I'll be grateful if you help me. Thanks!
Update: Sorry maybe I'm just too tired or something as I was a party all night but Erin's answer doesn't make much sense to me. Please be a little more specific, thank you.