Leaving a tv in car trunk on a hot day?

It has been around a hundred or over and I have to leave a flat screen in the trunk of my car will it be damaged?

• GARY
    Favorite Answer

I would not advise it, the cabinets are made of plastic usually and can warp with the heat. When it warps it can bend and put pressure on the LCD panel and possibly cause it to crack. When the plastic cabinets warp from heat, is is almost impossible to make it fit like before. And look as good too.

Source(s): 30 years experience of service in electronics.
  • Joe

I wouldn't do it if I were you.

100 degrees outside might make it 125 in the car trunk, and that's getting to the point where you could damage the electronics.

well i know that your not supposed to leave flat screens on their sides for a long period of time and theyre really not supposed to be exposed to extreme heat but my guess is that its probobly gonna be fine, but its anyones guess, only one way to find out...but i agree with joe, dont do it if you can avoid it