Is 8 GB of RAM enough for a person like me? Also, flash storage or no?

Well right now I currently have a 15" 2009 MacBook Pro with an Intel Core 2 Duo Dual Core Processor (2.53 GHz) and 4GB of RAM. At first, when I got it, I was just obsessed with having a Mac (I'm 15 now, I was 12 back then). Now, I feel more like having a better system. Now, before I continue, let... show more Well right now I currently have a 15" 2009 MacBook Pro with an Intel Core 2 Duo Dual Core Processor (2.53 GHz) and 4GB of RAM. At first, when I got it, I was just obsessed with having a Mac (I'm 15 now, I was 12 back then). Now, I feel more like having a better system.

Now, before I continue, let me say one thing. I am PERFECTLY intent on getting the new Retina Display MacBook Pro. I've always loved Apple for their style and the care put into their products. I just feel like mine is getting a little out of date for my demands. I just like the Windows 7 operating system and its openness and the fact that it has DOS, and I'd like to be able to dual boot the two operating systems.

I've been more focused on the ability to program and create modifications to computer games such as Skyrim. Considering programming is kind of my dream job for when I grow older. I do have some experience, and I am a fast learner, but my current Mac just isn't good enough for the job. So I'm looking into getting the new one. When I'm going through the selection process, there are two choices for RAM. I can either get the 8 or the 16. (I know how RAM works, allows me to keep more windows open and have applications run more efficiently.) I know that the 8 is certainly enough for a regular person, but it may not for me. I tend to have many applications open, like Spotify, Skype, Firefox, and Minecraft, not to mention many other miscellaneous windows. My current Mac also stutters when typing or using YouTube. However, the 16 allows me for maximum usage and will prove itself a great boast to my abilities. The only problem is the price. It's quite a bit more, so I'd like to know if 16 is really worth it.

Also, there are two versions of the Retina Display Mac. One with more processor power, as well as storage, but also much more costly. However, one huge difference between the two is that the higher-end option has flash storage, which is much more quiet and trustworthy than the traditional hard drive. It also increases response to actions. It's costly, but it feels worth it. Is it really worth it?

Sorry for the wall of text, and thanks for reading :)
Update: @Starrysky: I'm very grateful for everything I have. I'm just thinking more about my dreams. And my dad can attest to that. I also work very hard. In fact, I spend most of my days cooking and cleaning for my 12-year old sister who can't do crap for herself. Plus, I'm always working on our lawn... show more @Starrysky: I'm very grateful for everything I have. I'm just thinking more about my dreams. And my dad can attest to that. I also work very hard. In fact, I spend most of my days cooking and cleaning for my 12-year old sister who can't do crap for herself. Plus, I'm always working on our lawn (which is massive) and a couple of my neighbor's lawns (most of the time for free). I'm not the kind of kid who only cares about himself and his wishes and always having the next best thing. I'm just the kind of kid who is intelligent and would like to begin on his dream at an early age.
Update 2: @g: So I guess you're a "government-will-take-us-over" kind of guy huh? :/ I do have a girlfriend though. Surprise to most people, huh? People who like computers are automatically assumed to be nerds with no social life. ...