My teenage son is out of control help me please?

My son is 15 years old. He got suspended from school 4 times. He sneaks out of the house a lot. He lies all the time. He just walks out of the house sometimes and does not say where is going. I caught him smoking and watching porn 2 times. I searched his room and found play boy magazines, cigarettes, pictures of Megan Fox, and his laptop and cell phone. His laptop has a lot of porn websites on the history. And his phone has text messages to his girlfriend saying stuff like send me some naked pics of you and wanna come over and make out. I know he has not had sex yet so that's good. He is rude to me. He gets a lot of detentions. He does not know I searched his room. He is really secretive. We are not close at all. What should I do?

He cheats in math a lot too and his grades are all c's except for math which he is getting a D in

Best Answer

Bailey,

We're so glad you wrote in about your concerns with your sons behaviors. At 15 he is acting and wanting to be in charge of his life. The actions you mentioned need consequences immediately in order to help him change his behavior. If there is no change, he will continue to act and behave in any way he chooses. You, as his parent, have the opportunity to mold him into an upstanding adult, but only if you take steps to parent him and teach him a different way to make choices. It is not too late to help him make better choices. Rudeness and secretive behaviors are a red flag here.

We have a web site that can help you with making the changes. Parenting.org has some great guides for challenging behaviors such as the ones you described. The link is listed below. Teens are challenging at times, terrific at others. We would love to help you get back in charge, so call us or come out to the web site. We are available 24/7!

Take care,

Counselor, KA

Apart from being suspended from school and sneaking out of the house he is a normal 15 year old boy, all 15 year olds look at porn and magazines and a lot of them smoke so he is no different from most guys his age and they are all secretive so in general you have nothing to worry about but as for the main problems about suspension and his class grades then you have to do something about it. I presume you pay for his mobile phone and laptop or broadband? Well then do not pay for them until his behaviour and class grades improve, explain to him that you are not nagging but you want the best for his future and he needs to do better at school, Good Luck

Source(s): Mum & Grandma

Educate him on the dangers of porn addiction. Soon he will not be able to successfully climax in sex with a real woman someday because his body will need porn to do it. There are plenty of adult men who have learned the pain associated with porn addiction. Google the topic and you will find on-line support groups. The guys talk about how it takes months to retrain their bodies and minds.

Also, have his father talk to him.

Get rid of the internet connection in the house. Take away his laptop and cell phone and make him earn it back with respectful behavior.

Tell him you will-and do it-lock the doors when he leaves without getting your okay for where he is going.

It will be tough without the father's backing, but be strong regardless.

• Wayne

STOP trying to be his friend. You want respect, you need to ask for it in a loud voice. Cancel the internet, take the laptop away and lock it up. Take away his cell and have the service canceled. If he gets an allowance, cancel it. He can get these things back by earning them. I don't mean for a day or a week. I am talking habit so it will take months and if he backslides, pull the toys again. If he is out late, and you cannot find him, call the police. You have to take back the rule.

Could start with taking away phone and or laptop.

Heck when I was a kid years ago I didnt have my own laptop or phone, kids these days are spoiled

Source(s): Parenting old school

take away his phone, and his computer, if that does not work, send him to a boot camp, or enroll him in a community service program, make him see what he's got while other have to suffer to make ends meet and how much it takes to have what he takes for granted

• Your the parent, YOU set the rules.

DISCIPLINE HELLO ....take away his laptop and phone...beat him !! Scare him some how in which he would want to behave good....theres also this program called beyond scared straight that scares teens straight..you should look into it