Help identify this Liza Minnelli movie?

I asked an obnoxiously vague question yesterday (on here), and nobody could figure out who the actress was. Luckily after sleep, my brain gears started turning again. Unfortunately after morning coffee, the brain gears decided to rust shut as usual. So anyway, the name of the actress came to me but not the... show more I asked an obnoxiously vague question yesterday (on here), and nobody could figure out who the actress was. Luckily after sleep, my brain gears started turning again. Unfortunately after morning coffee, the brain gears decided to rust shut as usual.

So anyway, the name of the actress came to me but not the movie. It was a young Liza Minnelli. Her character was kind of shy, but mostly awkward. She had unrequited love (he didn't care much about her) with this guy and refused to go back to her parents, writing letters saying they were going to get married, though the guy knew nothing about this marriage. It was a kind of stalker mentality. Any idea which movie I'm talking about?
Update: It certainly isn't Arthur, because the main character wasn't a rich happy laughing drunk. It might've been Charlie Bubbles? I'm not sure though. I can't find a torrent for the movie or a youtube preview that would remind me anything of what I saw of the movie.
Update 2: Or is it the Sterile Cuckoo? Ah, bloody hell. I don't know..
Update 3: Yes, it's the Sterile Cuckoo. About the end of the movie is what I described.

All can be seen on YouTube if anyone's interested.
1 answer 1