Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 8 years ago

I'm pregnant and i have no idea what to name my child! any suggestions?

i am just a teenager and i want my baby to know that i love him or her so much and i think a good name should be the first step to that. please, the baby's father and i have no idea.

Update:

Do you guys like these names?

GIRLS

- Kylie Skye

- Cecilia Charlotte

-Delilah Hope

BOYS

-Conner Jaxon

-Daniel Conner

-Nate Tyler

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

As long as you choose a name that's recognizable and uses traditional spelling your child will do well in life. You want to avoid names that require your kid to correct everyone everytime they try to spell it, or names so strange the child has to repeat him or herself every time there's an introduction. First impressions are important, don't rob your child of that.

Otherwise, pick a list of names meaningful to you. Family names or names are a good place to start. If your father is named George, you could consider the girl's name Georgia to honor her grandfather. If his mom's name is Patricia, you could put the boy's name Patrick on the list. Surnames like Grayson or Taylor can be a good way to honor your ancestors. Hunt around in your family tree for first names and last names that appeal to you.

Kylie Skye 2/10 - Kylie is fine, especially if she's named in honor of a male relative named Kyle. Skye is fine as a middle name, but not with Kylie, that's too many Y sounds. Kylie Hope would be a better combination.

Cecilia Charlotte 5/10 - Again, both names are fine on their own, but together it's a lot of similar sounds.

Delilah Hope 8/10 - My favorite of your girl combinations, both names complement eachother well.

Conner Jaxon 6/10 - It's okay. I like the name Connor, but prefer it as a middle name. I'm not a big fan of Jaxon, and I prefer the spelling Jackson.

Daniel Connor 7/10 - Love Daniel as a first name, love Connor as a middle name, but together they just don't sound quite right.

Nate Tyler 5/10 - Nate is a nickname for Nathan or Nathaniel. Nathaniel Tyler gets a 9/10 from me.

Based on those names, here's some more names you might like:

Girls - Alexis, Alicia, Alyssa, Amber, Azure, Chloe, Crystal, Daphne, Elodie, Felicity, Gwenyth, Hannah, Harmony, Iris, Ivy, Juliana, Kendra, Keira, Leah, Lily, Melody, Naomi, Samantha, Selena, Serena, Skylar, Veronica, Victoria, Virginia, Zoey

Boys - Arthur, Alexander, Benjamin, Brendan, Charles, Cory, Dylan, Gavin, Jason, Jordan, Liam, Logan, Lucas, Marcus, Noah, Owen, Rory, Skyler, Zachary

Nymbler is a great name generator. It looks at length, sound, origin, meaning and popularity of names you like and suggests similar names. You can start by entering in your own names and going from there.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Girls :

Crystal

Myra

Elisia

Morgan

Grace

Boys:

Carlos

Damien

Derik

Nathan

Rafael

Source(s): My fave names
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

Boys: Anthony, Dominic, Giovanni, Cameron, Austin, Jake, Travis, Tyler, Xavier, Andrew, Matthew, Ronnie, James, Liam, Jacob, those are boys names off the top of my head Girls: Gabrielle, Michaela, Isabella, Angelina, Lauren, Victoria, Xandra, Caitlin, Christine, Carly, Xena, Kalynn, Sarah, Nicole, Brittany, Brianna, Natalie, Lindsey, Sabrina, Gina, Samantha, Rebecca, Roxanne. Again, more off the top of my head.

• 8 years ago

Boys:

Alexander James

Kaiden Bryce

David Henry

Daniel Jared

Cody William

Jasper Gordon

Girls:

Melody Rose

Nicola Grace

Elizabeth Zoe

Ruby Allanah

Christina Jade

Lily Sophia

Please don't go with a misspelled name, or one of the mega-popular names, since they won't be popular forever, and will look reallk bad on an adult :)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

If its a boy I suggest naming it after its dad. Other wise I have my favorite boy names:

Michael

David

Adrian

Adien (or Ayden)

Chris

Hunter

Jeremy

Daniel

Girl names:

Alice

Audrey

Danielle

Hailey

Rose

Amanda

• 8 years ago

Brfxxccxxmnpcccclllmmnprxvclmn­ckssqlbb11116

That is 1 beautiful name!

• Kelly
    Lv 4
    8 years ago

Matthew is what I named my son because it means gift of god, which he most certainly is.

Your baby will know that you love it by the care you give it, someone could easily name their kid precious or lovely and treat it like crap, ya know?

Your child will know how much you love it when they realize how much you had to go through and sacrifice to have them and raise them, probably when they become a parent themselves.

• 6 years ago

i like Kylie and Daniel and Nate

• 8 years ago

http://babynames.allparenting.com/

They have names for certain origins, and even tells you the meaning on the names.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

im in the same boat as you and me and my boyfriend have decided to name our baby (if its a girl) faith because when everything else is gone you still always have faith

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.