I have the most passive aggressive mother-in-law on this planet and a husband with no balls! HELP!?

Wow I'm mortified to even be putting this on here but I need some perspective/opinions. (PLEASE DO NOT BE RUDE OR JUDGMENTAL IF YOU ANSWER, I AM HAVING A VERY HARD TIME DEALING WITH THIS ALREADY). My mother in law is INCREDIBLY passive aggressive, here are some examples of her behavior...every single time she... show more Wow I'm mortified to even be putting this on here but I need some perspective/opinions. (PLEASE DO NOT BE RUDE OR JUDGMENTAL IF YOU ANSWER, I AM HAVING A VERY HARD TIME DEALING WITH THIS ALREADY). My mother in law is INCREDIBLY passive aggressive, here are some examples of her behavior...every single time she is confronted with anything she gets defensive and then proceeds with how she is so unappreciated by everyone and she of course never does anything wrong but is quick to tell you everything everyone else does! She persistently brings up her "terrible upbringing and overly exaggerated personal misfortune as a child" which A. Is a total lie and B. has NOTHING to do with the conversations ever, but it's one of her excuses and she has ALOT of them! She may be the most stubborn person alive; she recently hung up on my husband after a disagreement and then ignored us both for 2 solid months bc she simply refused to admit she was wrong. Crap I could honestly go on and on and I won't even mention how she's treated me....the witch who moved in and stole her ONLY child away from her! The real problem behind this rant is my husband has an excuse for every.single.thing she does and I'm about to loose what's left of my mind! This most recent argument was the FIRST time in our 4 year marriage he has ever stood up to her and didnt give in to her crap which is why she stopped talking to him...she MUST have control at al times. What makes all of this even worse is that apparently comments have been made in the past between the two of them in regards/comparison to how I cook & clean and how it's not quite as adequate as how she does it. I'm not sure what hurts worse knowing my own husband talks about me behind my back or that clearly I'll never be good enough...well ok that's ALOT to absorb and not even the half of it but I just need to know how others would handle this bs if they were in my shoes! One last tidbit to mention I packed up and moved to a town where I had no family, friends ect. to be with this man so I've got nobody on my side or anyone to turn to for advice! We also have a child together which just makes everything that much harder! Ok I'm done....help me :(
Update: I have no idea how to respond when someone answers a question so I thought I'd write it here. Thank you to all of you who answered its comforting to know I'm not the only one dealing with this. I did want to mention to you all that stated I should talk to my husban in regards to the taking about me behind... show more I have no idea how to respond when someone answers a question so I thought I'd write it here. Thank you to all of you who answered its comforting to know I'm not the only one dealing with this. I did want to mention to you all that stated I should talk to my husban in regards to the taking about me behind my back stuff.....yea I did that and he denied that it was ever said....of course! I have not only recieved multiple phone calls periodically from my MIL asking if I needed to borrow HER cleaning equipment but I've also been bought cook books that are filled with recipes "***** just loves". Haha! In a discussion infront of his mother/father and I my husband said "she has been doing better with cooking and cleaning and really trying now" UMMMMMMMM when was it ever mentioned that I wast before?!?!?! (so yea he "didn't say that" is a total lie) If we didn't have achild together I would've been gone a long time ago but to be honest I