S asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 8 years ago

The Sword of Triton? ?

I saw on stranger tides and noticed that Blackbeard had the Sword of Triton. I'm writing a pirate story, also starring Blackbeard, and I think it would be interesting to introduce the sword, and set up for a possible sequel. So.... What are some interesting things about the sword, what is so special about it, what can it do, etc.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The Sword of Triton was a broadsword built in Atlantis. According to legend, the sword originally belonged to the mighty sea deity Triton, and had the power to bring dead matter, such as the rigging of sailing vessels, to life. This sword was most notably favored by Blackbeard and Hector Barbossa.

The Creation

Mysteries surround this infamous blade. The Sword of Triton was believed to have been forged in the lost city of Atlantis. Many who have wielded the sword channels over mystical, unearthly powers, including bringing dead matter, such as a ship or ship parts, to life. Through unknown circumstances, Blackbeard gained possession of the sword.

The Design & Power

The Sword of Triton was a large broadsword with a strengthened, ridged and lightened blade. Its blade is broader by the tip and narrowed down all the way to its hand-guard, which arcs over to the pommel. Its handle was covered in black leather. According to legend, it was forged in Atlantis, embedded with one of the three sapphires of Triton, where most of its powers came from. The sword would've been a cutting weapon because of its thick width.

Whoever wields this sword commands unearthly power. The Sword of Triton channels mystical power that brought dead matter to life, thereby bringing inanimate objects, such as a ship or ship parts, to life and move according to the will of the sword's wielder. The Sword had a magical connection with ships, like the Queen Anne's Revenge, where the vessel would do the will of whomever wielded it, making the user virtually unstoppable in sea battles. The sword could also create winds out of nowhere, similar to the Sword of Cortés, a power which Barbossa used to sail the Revenge to Tortuga.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

The Sword of Triton? ?

I saw on stranger tides and noticed that Blackbeard had the Sword of Triton. I'm writing a pirate story, also starring Blackbeard, and I think it would be interesting to introduce the sword, and set up for a possible sequel. So.... What are some interesting things about the sword, what is so...

Source(s): sword triton: https://bitly.im/4BkQB
  • conte
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Blackbeard Sword

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Well first you must go on the magical quest of obtaining Bankai for your own trident, then challenge your half brother to a challenge of battles for honor. Weilding your trident, scream "BAN.... KAI!" and create red clouds to attack him while pretty pink flower petals attack and kill you. The End. P.S. In all seriousness, PHAIL.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

It depends..

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.