How the replace the knock sensor on a 1998 chevy silverado?

I have a 1998 chevy silverado 4x4 with a 5.7 liter vortec and it has a knock sensor code so i have bought the new sensor and i know where it is ( on the bottom part of the engine block next to the starter). i just don`t know if you have to drain the coolent to change the knock sensor. any insight to if the coolent... show more I have a 1998 chevy silverado 4x4 with a 5.7 liter vortec and it has a knock sensor code so i have bought the new sensor and i know where it is ( on the bottom part of the engine block next to the starter). i just don`t know if you have to drain the coolent to change the knock sensor. any insight to if the coolent has to be drained and any other tips would be great.
Update: pete m you are thinking about the 5.3 liter virtec engine where there is two knock sensors under the intake but the the older 5.7 liter vortec it is located on the bottom of the engine block next to the coolednt drain plug hence me asking if the coolent must be drained. i need information on the 5.7 liter vortec... show more pete m you are thinking about the 5.3 liter virtec engine where there is two knock sensors under the intake but the the older 5.7 liter vortec it is located on the bottom of the engine block next to the coolednt drain plug hence me asking if the coolent must be drained. i need information on the 5.7 liter vortec not the 5.3 that was put in the chevy trucks after 1999. my truck is a 1998 please pay attention to deatails when answering a question