How hot is it in Austin Texas in March?

My band are playing at the South by South West Festival (SXSW) I'm so stoked about it! (The band is Exodus Calling if you'd like to know) :D But I'm very fair, I@m used to English cold weather, have red hair and i'm not very good in extreme heat.

So how hot is it in Austin in March please? :)

Oh - please tell me in Celsius! :-)

Best Answer

Don't listen to all that stuff about it being 110 degrees (43 degrees Celsius) in March. I live in Austin and it honestly does not start getting super hot until the end of April at the earliest. According to Wikipedia, these are the temperatures in Austin in March:

Highest on record: 98 F, 37 C

Average high: 72 F, 22 C

Average low: 51 F, 10 C

Lowest on record: 18 F, -8 C

According to this data, I don't think that you will be suffering heat stroke during SXSW. I would plan accordingly though, so probably jeans, t-shirts, and shorts, along with a few hats. March weather is amazing in Texas, so don't be worried about the temperature. This is coming from somebody who has lived in Texas their whole life. Hope you enjoy SXSW, I know I do!

It doesn't get hot in March, in Texas.

And I don't want to know, because mingling with 150,000 people is *not* my idea of fun.

Oh, I'd stay away from the east side if I were you. Probably Red River, too. The cops on 6th Street are Nazis, and the idiots in this town can not drive. You been warned. Oh, but try Rudy's. Ask anyone.

Source(s): Native Texan
  • myra

= My sister taught me the term, and because she's been here over 10 years, I think of you're perfect. i be responsive to quite a few those that artwork for Dell, and that i be responsive to they are no longer millionaires. Her husband grew up in Taylor and that i think of the term got here from Dell's early years. yet i've got been going to the Lake for some years, and you have have been given to admit that as properly the Sandra Bullock's shifting there, there are plenty greater great residences, and the unfavorable factor purely would not sense rather the comparable. (i think of i'm turning out to be a sentimental outdated coot who would not handle exchange o.k., and that i'm only in my 30's). yet that pronounced...Austin continues to be the ideal place to stay, and this is nonetheless have been given this is comparable outdated vibe. Plus, i'm possibly purely jealous, reason i % to ultimately stay via the water myself and we won't do it at this factor. a minimum of no longer on Travis. yet there are a number of different Lakes that are no longer as expensive, so there continues to be desire yet!

i was at the 2012 sxsw and it was in the high 90's during day close to 100 degrees at nite it cools down to a nice 85-90. be prepared to sweat.

I dont know celsius but probaly 80-85 degress f. But its no telling Texas weather is so unpredictable.

its always super hot in texas unless its winter

it will probably be like 80 F

26 C

80-90, summer is when it's really hot

Source(s): I live in east Austin