Xbox Live Service Alert?

So I went to sign into Xbox Live today, but it wouldn't sign me in. My internet and live connections are all okay and it said something about a service alert. I went to the website and it said "We are aware of the problem and are trying to fix it" something like that. Also, when I tried to log into my account through the xbox website, it took me to a page with a shrugging avatar that said "It appears you've found a glitch in the system" "That wasn't supposed to happen" Is all of this normal? Should I just wait out this service alert thing? And what's the deal with the shrugging avatar page?

Best Answer

There is current technical difficulties for specific user profiles to connect to Xbox Live. This is currently a common spread issue. The servers are not down, as many people are online as we speak. If you visit the Service Status for Xbox you will see this:

--------------------------------------

XBOX LIVE Service

Users may experience difficulties with the following services:

Signing into Xbox LIVE from an Xbox console

Signing into Xbox LIVE from Xbox.com

We are aware of the problem and are working to resolve the issue. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience

--------------------------------------

Several users are having the same scenario as you speak, and there is really nothing we can do at the moment other than wait. I would take this moment to watch some cat videos on Youtube.

Hopefully the issue is fixed shortly, and we can all be happy. :P

• Ryan5 years agoReport

I prefer violent movies to ease my anger lol

having the same exact problem as of many others. The xbox website is stating the fact that certain users will have problems signing in. This stuff always seems to happen to me haha but i guess we just have to wait it out. It should only be a few hours. In all my years of xbox and ps3, ps3 never had any connection problems but my xbox did :/ dont really understand since i enjoy my xbox more.

Source(s): microsoft website
  • I'm having the same issue. It just says 'Service Alert' at the Live Status when I'm trying to test for my connection. Hopefully we're back up soon. 0.o

The server is down right now. So no one is able to get on to xbox live.

im having the same exact thing happen i tested connection and got same service alert and the same web page avatar glitch thing dont know what the situation is just gotta wait it out i guess

Source(s): myself

HELLO THEY SAY MY XBOX LIVE IS LOST I TRIED EVERYTHIG TO FIND EVERYTHING IS CONNECTED AND ON SO THEY SAID CONTACT SERVICEALERY SO U R MY ONLY HELP NOW CAN U HELP ME PLEASE

i got it too :'(