Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Firefox Typing Numbers?

Whenever I type something on Mozilla Firefox, it types a continuous cycle from 1-9, even if i am pressing the same number. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it twice, and deleted all add ons from firefox, and i even connected a usb keyboard and turned num locks off on there, and it's still not working. Same thing happens with Chrome and IE. And Safari won't even open. Please Help

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I faced same problem, but i got the solution:

If your running GuardID that could be the problem. Further info in http://www.guardedid.com/support_faq.aspx confirms this as the program that is intercepting the keystrokes and converting them to numbers in sequence.

I noted this problem didn't exist if I started my computer in safe mode. Both Internet Explorer and Firefox URL address fields worked fine. But if I started my computer in normal mode, typing letters in the URL field for either browser would result in a counting sequence of numeric digits. So, I began removing startup programs one by one (by unchecking via Control Panel/System and Security/Administrative Tools/System Configuration Startup tab). When I unchecked the following (and rebooted), the problem went away:

Startup Item: GID Desktop Application

Manufacturer: StrikeForce Technologies Inc.

Command:C:\Program Files\SFT\GuardedID\gidd.exe /

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.