Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Can a 18 and 16 year old date(etc) in Alabama? ?

I am a 18 year old guy and I am talking to this girl who is 16. In December ill be 19 and in January she'll be 17. I know that we can date and everything but what is legal and not legal for us? I want to be with her and make her smile but do everything legal. Thank you :)

Favorite Answer

According to Alabama law, it is legal to date, make out, and even have sex (age of consent in Alabama also is 16), as long as you're both ready and feel committed to each other fully. Good luck!

you can date. make out. but that is it. anything else becomes statutory rape until she reaches the age of majority, which in alabama is 19.

• Leo

I don't believe it is legal... Sorry... Seems like you'll just have to wait 'till she's 18 as well :/ (I kinda think that's stupid, though...)

It's okay in Alabama, your both probably cousins anyway.